Welcome to the left-of-centre People Team that looks after our 900+ Pleo’ers. One of our talented People Partners is heading on maternity leave, so we’re looking for an equally amazing People professional to join us on our mission of enabling Pleo Leaders to deliver scalable business outcomes through effective partnering - whilst always striving for happy humans in high-performing teams.
But, of course, let’s start with why we exist and who we are. Working at People in Pleo means we’re here to break down any conception between “employer” and “employee”. We do our best to all be human, honest and transparent with one another. We know that having engaged people is the crux of business success - and we do whatever it takes to make sure that people are set up for success themselves.
So that’s why we exist, but who are we? Decidedly, we’re not an HR team. We’re human; we’re down-to-earth; we look for great people to work with and do our best to look after them so that they flourish in their roles and can build great things with the rest of us.
Now, you might ask… How does the Strategic People Partner fit into this? Well, we are a team of 9 human-centred Strategic People Partners that all have a passion for people and Pleo - and magic happens when we enable our leaders to balance the two and make strategic choices that enable business outcomes while still being human-centred in everything we do. Our Strategic People Partners work closely with our Pleo leaders across execution Domains and Competencies. And we are looking for someone to step into our Product Development domains now that our dear team member is taking on new challenges - namely motherhood 😊
We’re looking for someone special to join our small but mighty team. We are looking for someone with solid People Partner experience, ideally within product development functions. The core of your success is really to understand the business goals and translate that into effective people partnering, i.e. understanding what organisational and leadership initiatives will enable business success. We value diversity in our team - so many of our partners bring a competency spike from other functions or experiences, so we really want to know what yours is - and how that can build the team further?!
On top of that, we are looking for someone that feels comfortable being our leaders’ coach, i.e. someone who is really good at understanding how to unlock the potential of our leaders and leadership teams through the right questions at the right time. We believe in authentic leadership in Pleo - a big part of your role is enabling that through effective coaching and feedback. Besides being a coach, you feel comfortable stepping into a strategic advisory role - and you are not afraid to hold leaders accountable for effective leadership. Lastly, you drive seamless execution - whether on strategic organisational projects, upskilling leaders on leadership processes, or collaborating with our other People teams to improve current offerings. You just love seeing progress and impact in the domains you partner for!
We’d love to have you on board for the ride - this 1-year maternity cover contract has a strong possibility of extension to a permanent role.
Some of the fun you will have…
- Co-deliver an organisational health strategy with your Domain Leadership teams that will enable business outcomes
- Enable effective workforce planning with Pleo leaders - and always be two steps ahead partnering with our Competency Leads on capability and capacity needs for the future
- Build strong relationships with your critical stakeholders so that you become a trusted advisor and leadership coach
- Engage in Domain Leadership teams as an active member that works with the team and individuals to continuously develop and unlock effectiveness
- Drive key strategic organisational and people projects in your domains
- Proactively drive the proper dialogues at the right time to inspire change
- Being the point of contact for people in your Domains - guiding them in the right direction on people-related topics
- Be the ethical compass in the business - ensuring equity, fairness, and human-centricity in everything we do
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have a high emotional intelligence
- Love problem solving - and complexity is only a plus
- Are product-minded and are used to working agile
- Are impact orientated and understand when you need to be strategic and when you should be tactical
- You love inspiring others to be more human
- Get a deep satisfaction out of unlocking potential in others
- Love learning - about yourself, others, and situations
- Have excellent communication skills
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Costa Brava, in Spain - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay for part of your MBA - entirely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer; we’ll be happy to outline more!
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 74 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.