We're looking for some magic here, and won't stop until we find it.
This is a part time Workplace Assistant role based in the London Office. You will be part of the People Team whose mission is to grow Pleo in a happy and human way - that's how we believe we'll have high performance as a team. You will play a very important role in this and you will be involved in a variety of projects that require great project management skills, high emotional intelligence, patience and a strong culture of caring.
We are growing fast... Now 700+ employees across all markets with the plan of reaching 1000 by the end of next year. We have offices in Copenhagen (HQ), London, Lisbon, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid and Montréal. On top, we have 80+ remote employees panning across 5 continents.
We’re looking for someone to join one of our Workplace & Employee Experience managers in the day-to-day running of the London office, which currently sits at 120+ employees.
You will mainly focus on the workplace side which will vary from helping managing external vendors to ensuring facilities-wise everything is stocked up, clean and tidy... all the way to admin tasks with a lot of responsibility like, working on employee benefits & perks and organising events.
We expect that our Workplace Assistant will be super proactive and creative, ready to play an active part in the day to day running of the office.
Please note this will be a part-time role, with 10-20 hours a week expected.
What does this role entail?
- Basic office management
- Focus on developing the Pleo office, to make sure that the workplace doesn't feel like "just another office"
- Own Tuesday Breakfast and Thursday Bar
- Take on ad hoc requests all the time. You'll be the go-to person and will need to have patience for this
- Make our London workplace better than yesterday. Come up with ideas, for what you believe is needed. Improve what is not performing well. Keep the Pleo house as shiny as if you're ready to invite your in-laws in.
- Make our new colleagues feel welcomed with a nicely decorated desk, a "tour of house" where they can meet everybody and get them ready for the first social event.
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- You have creative problem-solving skills: you're an 'ideas' person and want to make the way we work even better
- You're enthusiastic about working on topics like project management or workplace (office), employee engagement and experiences, or building communities and events
- You love a fast-paced, scale-up environment
Your colleagues say you
- Handle conflicts well
- Are very patient and easy to work with
- Don't mind getting your hands dirty
- Are an executor and always get things done
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Does this sound like the right next career step for you? Apply now!
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Spain 🇪🇸
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- Benefits budget - so you can get whatever is a real benefit to you
- Expense your lunch whenever you come into one of our offices
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.