Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun.
And that's what we're here to do. But we need your help 💪
In this role, along with the rest of the IT team, you'll be responsible for procurement of SaaS-tooling and hardware across Pleo.
You can expect to be dealing with a broad range of procurement-related tasks and projects. Some might require you to take out the trusty TI calculator, while other tasks might require you to take a few steps back, and observe things from a grander perspective aka. your excel spreadsheet.
You can also expect to meet with tons of new people from over 60 nationalities. As we scale, learning opportunities would be ample and you'll have the flexibility to choose the areas you'd like to focus and develop. We'll do our best to support you and help you grow in the direction you wish to take.
Here’s what we promise
- A team that welcomes you and your ideas
- Modern tools that you probably are already familiar with
- Trust, honesty and respect from those you work closely with
Here’s what we can’t promise
- A strict routine - we’re a scale up, and that means things change. Often.
- The ability to “cruise” - We’ve got a lot of scaling to do, and we need your help!
We expect you to have experience with some of these things, but most importantly that you are passionate about the field, thrive working with ambitious people and that you enjoy the responsibilities that come along with such a role..
You’ll thrive in this role if you
- Have a strong understanding of commercial processes
- Experience with managing an IT budget for a rapidly growing company
- Experience negotiating with vendors and making scale-proof deals
- Have experience in SaaS & Fintech businesses (this would be a huge plus!)
- Have strong experience in building trusted and credible relationships with vendors, stakeholders & team members - we’re a people-first business ✊
- Tracking & replenishing global inventory of hardware & software
- Acquisition of new IT systems and hardware
- Analysing and assessing supplier performance
- Participating in the research and evaluation of current- and new suppliers
- Spend & subscription management of total IT spend
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Trips abroad to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Spain! 🇪🇸
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Free lunch catering
- 2500€ per year in flex benefits (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!)
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.