Pleo is on a very important, critical mission. Create the most fun, most inclusive and amazing place to work at. Oh and something about expense management, I think. We have big dreams and need to make sure that our teams can scale with them. One of these goals is reaching 1 million active users by 2025…..
Good grief! What are we doing to ourselves? Well we're shooting for the moon! It's pretty exciting stuff, but it's also pretty daunting, and that's where you come in.
We looking for awesome human beings that also happen to be proficient in software development. People who've been around the block once or twice and have a few production incidents under their belts! People who devour architecture documents, have dipped a toe (even jumped right in) to DevOps, and who delve into relational databases and shell scripting like it ain't no thang. Ideally, they also have some experience in all things authentication, authorization and how these are different things!
But it's not just about being a master of your craft, it's about ownership, and taking the lead on large projects such as product launches, managing migrations, and building core components used across the company. Sometimes it gets a bit crazy over here, so you might need to whip that compass out to navigate ambiguity and manage scope - the team will look to you to create a clear path forward.
Mostly, we're looking for people others can look up to and learn from - you'll set the standard for the team, not just in code but in culture too. At Pleo our culture is pretty special to us, and we value trust and transparency like you wouldn't believe. Plus, you know, we want to enjoy what we do and who we are working with because duh.
We're up for it, are you?
You know your way around
- Node.js and/or Kotlin
- User provisioning (Okta, Azure, etc)
- Auth (Permission modeling, session management, integrations with APIs like Auth0 etc.)
- Cloud environments/ distributed systems/ microservices (AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes)
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Testing frameworks (Mocha, Jest)
- Observability and monitoring (Datadog, Segment)
- DevOps culture and tools (GitHub Actions, Terraform)
- Experience managing a team of engineers projects across a group .
- Understanding that there is always a customer, even for internal teams
- Being able to build and present product roadmaps for a very technical product
- Be involved in finding solutions to improve the lives of our end users
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)......or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, Lisbon, or Montreal)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones).The last one was in Costa Brava (Barcelona) last September.
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what’s reasonable, we don’t have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Sponsored lunch
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we’re talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we’ll help (venue, food, etc.)
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.