We're looking for a person who is an upbeat sales enthusiast at heart! Someone who sees that sales is a top priority when aiming for hyper-growth at a scale up like Pleo.
You would agree that our people are the strongest assets to bring in new revenue. You have the knowledge and passion for coaching and developing high potential sales people. You understand that a fully functioning and high-performing SDR function is instrumental to the success of any sales organisation...
If this sounds like a match so far? Super, let's keep going. We want to tell you a bit more about Pleo!
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? Really?
We're a company that deals with company spending: we think that all employees should be trusted to spend company money.
We do this through smart payment cards for companies: use your card, snap a picture of the receipt, and you're done. No more out of pocket expenses - no more boring expense reports. Our beautiful app makes it easy and transparent for management and finance teams to see what's being spent in real time, while taking the load of handling company spending off the finance team. Instead, companies who use Pleo delegate spending to all employees across the company.
It's an exciting time for us: we are in a very strong position as in our latest investment round we raised over $350M in Series C to grow. We have offices in Copenhagen, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon - and you’d be working out of our amazing new office in Lisbon, supporting our sales team selling into the Swedish market.
For this, you’ll need to use your leadership experience to monitor and increase the performance of the team of SDR's, while also being passionate about developing our people and team to reach their full potential. And the cherry on top: you don’t shy away from picking up the phone and leading by example in sales when needed!
The B2B SaaS space is pretty specific from a go-to-market and sales training perspective. We see having a background in SaaS sales as a requirement to succeed in this role (but hey, we're also prepared to be surprised if you can adapt and learn fast to understand the ways to succeed in this!).
- Experience in leading and managing a team (ideally SDRs)
- Experience in working/ having worked within an SDR role
- Experience in coaching and developing people and teams
- Experience with outbound sales (preferably tech sales)
- Strong analytical skills
- High levels of EQ and empathy
- A good understanding of the Swedish B2B market
- Fluent in English (our company language), but also, fluent in Swedish is a must!
You'll stand out if you
- Have worked in an international setting or lived and worked in other markets
- Get on the stage and share your knowledge with your community
- Have set clear progression paths for team members in the past, and helped them to succeed in becoming top performers
- Have a strong network
Your colleagues say you
- Are an inspiring person
- Always lead by example
- Get your energy from interacting with other people and are a people person
- Are adaptable, curious and passionate about picking up sales methodologies & strategies
- Are competitive in a friendly way (without any sharp elbows)
- Have the ability to be both strategic and hands-on: you'll close the monthly target for your entire team if necessary
- Are someone they'd like to grab a coffee with, virtual or not
Show me the benefits!
- Assistance in relocating to Lisbon - we can tell you more about this 😊
- Free lunch, up to €10 per day when you work from our office in Lisbon.
- Private healthcare cover & pension coming very soon...
- €2500 flexible benefits budget every year, spend it how you like! Tennis lessons, more PTO, new puppy.. whatever makes you happy!
- 25 days paid vacation
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- Team camps around the world - remotes fly in for team building and learning (hurry up and apply already so we can bring you to the next one)
- A €2500 annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!)
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work 👶🏻
And here are some other nice things to look forward to 👀
- Nice new office where we value a great working environment (free lunch, nice lounge areas, great location, among other things)
- Possibility to work remote 2-3 days a week!
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.