“Pleo was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2015 by”... That’s usually how an opening line about Pleo goes. But a lot has happened since! Pleo has grown fast and we now offer our services in six different markets, to over 20,000 businesses. We’ve freed employees from thousands of hours of manual expense reporting and paperwork, so they can focus on what’s important– doing their best work.
We’ve spent a lot of that time conquering international markets and we are now looking to rapidly expand to be the global spending solution for forward thinking teams everywhere! 🌍
We're looking for someone who is an entrepreneur at heart, and sees that sales is the top priority when building a local company in a new market to join us as our Head of DACH (Regional Manager) - exciting stuff! That being said, this role is varied, with exposure across the entire business and will involve working particularly closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Analytics and Product teams.
As a mini-CEO of Pleo in your local market, you will ...
- Define and deliver on growth strategy for the country in line with global strategy
- Lead local teams across multiple disciplines responsible for Sales, CS and Marketing
- Meet and exceed country revenue objectives
- Identify, test and execute on new scalable growth initiatives across different channels online and offline
- Possess ownership of business decisions regarding the market strategy
- Own country performance, monitor and analyse key success metrics and implement initiatives to improve them, in constant contact with global teams
- Ensure a close collaboration with internal stakeholders / HQ
- Be the face of Pleo in the market
- Represent and promote Pleo in the local market: Identify events and PR opportunities, make Pleo an attractive place to work to attract the best possible talent, create a solid network of relevant contacts for Pleo in country
Sales is your top priority when building Pleo in your market and you will ...
- Have complete overview of the sales activities within the local market and align local sales teams to build a solid pipeline and meet targets
- Work with the sales team to qualify and develop new business opportunities, lead on identifying and growing key accounts and building partnerships
- Represent the customer when working with the product, CS and marketing teams to deliver an exceptional user experience for our customers with seamless service on all devices.
Through close collaboration with our global team, you are expected to ...
- Identify events and PR opportunities
- Identify and help prioritise core localised product and support requirements
- Ensure all local teams are up to date with the latest product features to proficiently support the growth of the local market
- Be responsible for ensuring you and the team are aware of necessary Compliance
regulations through effective training and managing customer complaints appropriately
- Be responsible for all local contracts, termination conditions, etc (employment, offices, partners, etc.)
We believe you’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Experience delivering results in a commercial environment
- A ‘nose for value’ and the ability to frame and structure complex problems, then quickly prioritise to focus on the high potential opportunities
- Solid problem solving skills, analytical rigour and comfort with using data to prove a hypothesis
- The ability to work collaboratively to get things done within a matrix structure, without direct reporting lines
- A sense of ownership - you take delivery personally, even in a dynamic environment with high ambiguity
- The ability to present confidently to senior stakeholders
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm (Senior Associate/Consultant/Manager) and/or experience in a commercial team of a leading fintech or financial service organisation.
- Strong network and experience with your local market
- Fluent in English
You are also likely to ...
- Have a high energy that is infectious
- Have a positive, let’s get things done attitude
- Be a great people’s person with high level of EQ
- Be humble, no ego! (ain’t nobody got time for that) 😉
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between the east coast of the Americas to European timezones)...
- ...or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, Stockholm, London, Madrid, Berlin, Lisbon)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Costa Brava, in Spain - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.