You’re tired of reading long descriptions of companies. If you don't want to read the whole thing, here's the TLDR. Here's what we promise:
- a team that likes each other and is joyful, in general
- a team that welcomes you and your ideas
- a company that recognizes culture and employees as primary ingredients for a healthy workplace, and ultimately profitable company
- modern tools that you probably are already comfortable with
- honesty and respect from those you work closely with
- work is 40 hours a week, whenever and wherever you want it to be, with no side-eyeing about your hours
Here's what we can't promise:
- organized and clear engineering org (we're growing very fast)
- up to date documentation
- working hours without Slack DMs
- the ability to "cruise" (you'll be our team's expert, and we'll ask a lot of you)
Hi, I'm Cole, and I'm the hiring manager for this position. First off, I'm really happy you're interested in the job description. You've probably read dozens of job descriptions like this one. Yes, we're looking for a senior DevOps engineer. The company is cool, there's Friday bars, people make funny jokes, stuff like that, and the world will be a better place if you work here. But there actually are some things that make this job posting, and the company, different. Here they are:
- Pleo is a company that is growing extremely fast. Just like a lot of companies. This isn't the unusual part. The unusual part is that, despite being heavily invested in and so many eyes on our numbers (which are going well!), the company has retained most of its ability to treat each other well. Management, founders, colleagues from different departments; somehow people continue to treat others with compassion and optimism.
- Your team of 4 is full of excellent engineers. Some of us are just beginning our careers, while others have been in software for 10+ years. We're a healthy team and focused in equal parts on creating a sustainable infrastructure platform and on keeping the team happy. When you join, you will find that things aren't on fire. We're in a decent place! But it's clear that we're going to need some new ideas to scale in the upcoming year.
- You'll have the time and the freedom, when you want and need it. We have one of the best pregnancy and family-time policies in the game. We have Danish-standard holiday and sick (physical or mental) policies for every employee. If your kid has corona, no problem, do what you have to do.
Ok that's it. Below are some tools we use and things we'll expect from you. I hope to meet you soon, and good luck!
- You’ll be working on non-technical challenges- e.g. how does a DevOps team work best with the engineers it serves?
- You’ll be working on technical challenges- e.g. implementing an intuitive, secure CI/CD system for our thousands of lines of Terraform.
- You’ll be mentoring your teammates and working with managers to be better managers
- You’ll keep your ego in check at all times
Here are some things we’d love to see
Below is a list of tools and stuff that would make a great job application even better. But regardless of whether you’ve used none, some, or all that’s mentioned below, if you feel like you would be a great technical leader for our team, please apply!
Skills and tools we use
- Most major AWS services
- GitHub Actions
Nice to have
- TypeScript understanding
- Kotlin and JVM familiarity
Show me the Benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between the east coast of the Americas to European timezones)...
- ...or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, Stockholm, London, Madrid, Berlin, Lisbon)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Costa Brava, in Spain - we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.