Not all heroes wear capes - some might even bear cables 🦸🏽♀️🦸🏻♂️
Once upon a time, our #office slack-channel was home to complaints about the WiFi signal, and the patience of our remote people was constantly tested, with the sound quality of our meeting rooms and other IT issues 🙈 Then we started seeing brighter days, thanks to our internal IT team!
Their IT superpowers are being stretched to the limit now though, as we are growing from 200 to around 500 people in just under 12 months - with satellite offices popping up like weeds 🌱
In this role, along with the rest of the IT team, you'll be responsible for all information technology- and computer systems.
You will also be in charge of ensuring a great remote experience for those Pleo-ers spread around the world (think Athens, Quebec, Montreal, Cape Town, and keep thinking!)
It's a generalist IT role so you'll look into company-wide software used, and will figure out how best to support fellow Pleo-ers with the IT help that they need.
All in all, you can expect to be dealing with a broad range of tasks. Some might require you to get your hands dirty, while others could provide a chance for you to utilise your out-of-the-box thinking and come up with unique solutions. One thing is for certain - no day in the office is the same!
You can also expect to meet tons of new people from over 60 nationalities. As our new IT hero brace yourself for endless love and appreciation 💕
Finally, as we scale, learning opportunities would be ample and you'll have the flexibility to choose the areas you'd like to focus on and develop. We'll do our best to support you and help you grow in the direction you wish to take.
You will be based in our Berlin office but you will have the opportunity to travel to set up and support our satellite offices (Hello Copenhagen, Stockholm, London, Madrid, Lisbon and many more in the future).
We are looking for someone who
- Speaks German and English (English is our company language)
- Has the fundamental knowledge of IT Support
- Knows all operating systems like their back pocket (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android)
- Masters all the typical IT hardware 💻
- Basic IT network skills
- Is trained in the best practices around data security
You'll get to work with
- Daily support in the IT service desk with your colleagues
- Planning, budgeting and managing all kinds of projects (lone wolf as well as collaborative)
- Troubleshooting on MacOS, Windows 10, iOS and Android
- Troubleshooting on various SaaS tools (Google Workspace, Office 365, Slack, Zoom, 1Password, Notion, Okta, the list goes on)
- Configuring, troubleshooting and setting up hardware
- On- and offboarding of IT services
- Collaborating on all kinds of projects across the organisation
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Trips abroad to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Spain! 🇪🇸
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Free lunch catering
- 2500€ per year in flex benefits (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!)
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.