Paying out-of-pocket sucks. Manual data entry is painful. Workplaces need to be more trusting, and finance leaders need to be more tech-savvy.
We’re right at the tipping point of a fintech revolution - but we need your help to get there.
We are looking for a new star to come in and help us grow our UK Partnerships channel even further. The role requires 3+ years of experience in business development or sales (bonus points if additionally with a partnerships or accounting background too!)
We are a lean but hella mighty team - and we are looking for someone equally motivated who wants to make their mark and help us expand our horizons.
If this gets you excited, please keep reading!
About the role
Partnerships is a team of 10 Account Managers with a big shared ambition! Together, we are responsible for building and nurturing the accounting communities across Sweden, Denmark, UKI and Germany. Our aim is to position Pleo as that no brainer, go-to solution in each of our markets; bringing joy to our referral partners, so much so that they want to roll out Pleo to their entire client base! With this channel, everyday is a learning opportunity - therefore the right candidate needs to be excited about building something novel - and is ready to experiment and bring fresh ideas to the table, as well as challenge existing ones.
As UKI Partner Acquisition Manager, this new role will be responsible for helping us truly scale, bringing in new firms to the Partner Program and owning this entire top-funnel process. This involves finding and qualifying opportunities, booking meetings, demonstrating the product, introducing them to the Program, and onboarding their first clients to the platform.
But this isn’t your typical sales role: Partnerships is a long-game, so it will require a ‘hunter’ mentality balanced with a mature and strategic outlook. Each Partner brings you a new perspective on how to further develop their business, and a new challenge to try to solve.
That’s how we approach Partnerships at Pleo. If this resonates with you and you're up for the challenge, apply below!
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? Really?
Quite simply; we’re a company spending solution (the #1 in Europe, if you must know 😉). Not only are we doing away with the dreaded expense management process (Excel sheets, be gone!) - but we’re also taking the fintech/accounting scene by storm, paving the way for how a modern finance leader manages all aspects of their spend - as well as how an accountant receives and reconciles that data in their books.
The best part is that we're all users of Pleo ourselves - you too will also get your own Pleo card! - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients, or a Mac for a new hire.
What we need from you on the first day:
- Ability to prospect, build and manage your own pipeline, and create win:win B2B relationships
- Hustle: you prefer not to hide away behind emails, and are constantly looking for the next opportunity!
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯)
- Independence: here at Pleo we are empowered to use our own initiative, and you’ll feel just as comfortable working closely as a unit as you will being autonomous
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine, flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with
- Ability to soak up knowledge…
- ...and transfer it in a simple and effective way
Your colleagues say you:
- Are easy to work with
- Suggest the latest tech/ apps/ trends to apply
- Think laterally
- Constantly seek out feedback to improve your skills
- Are driven but...
- ...don't have sharp elbows
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mum says that you:
- Have been reading the business section of the newspaper since you were about 10
- Are an inventor at heart
- Get your hands dirty (and she has the photos to prove it)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- London based - but flexible working options (just speak to your team)
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Costa Brava, Spain! 🏰
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Expense your lunch (£10 per day) whenever you work from our London office
And here are some other nice gestures that we do:
- Amazing office where we value a flexible working environment - complete with break-out areas, standing desks and evening socials in our super trendy, centrally-located (dog friendly) Shoreditch warehouse
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking Friday Bar, Great British Bake-offs, holiday parties, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 400+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂