👋 Pleo is expanding in France!
And for that we need someone who will help us make the best-possible first impression on French businesses. In other words, this role represents one of the first steps in Pleo’s expansion into France.
More specifically, we are looking for high-performing, hands-on sales professionals to join our core team, to drive our mission to become the go-to spending solution from Lille to Marseille - or just everywhere!
This role is not for the faint of heart. You will be one of the first “boots on the ground” in the French market, leading the charge. This opportunity is an accelerator for your career in tech sales.
Put simply - we need a smart, entrepreneurial, customer-centric Sales Account Executive to help us launch and build our French presence. We are looking for someone based in Paris, or open to relocating to Paris
Your point of contact are the Pleo sponsors, namely the CFOs, CEOs, MDs, Operations Directors and everyone else who might be the decision maker in regards to the spending policy in SMEs and medium-sized companies.
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? 💳
To get you off to a good start, let us just say that we are doing away with an outdated business process that’s been around forever – dreaded expense management.
We are doing that by helping customers to delegate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical/virtual commercial cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company. The best part is we're all users of Pleo ourselves - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients or a Mac for a new hire.
What's up to me? 🚀
Pretty simply - to help spread the good news of Pleo to the French market, and get them to use it. This role requires a high level of energy, a can-do attitude paired with an analytical and empathetic mindset. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting leads, outreach to companies, qualifying opportunities, collaborating, delivering amazing product demos, converting deals to handing over your deals to our customer experience team.
What we need from you on the first day
- Complete fluency in French with full professional proficiency in English to boot.
- Experience in Outbound B2B SaaS Sales. You will execute email, social & cold calling outbound prospecting campaigns.
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯).
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both.
- Pipeline management and ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥 - Our sales process is dynamic and fast. You are geared to close sales every day!
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we are going from 0 to 1 in France and we need you to build our French presence.
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with.
- Leadership potential - we are growing our french team and we want you to grow with us!
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending).
- Flexible benefits package of €2500 annually to spend how you wish!
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team).
- Trips for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Spain!
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets).
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing).
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc).
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.