What does the successful candidate for this job post, a K9 Goodboi and Batman all have in common?
They help keep us safe, secure and well equipped in our fight against (financial) crime.
Handling over 2M transactions monthly, Pleo is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in Europe. We have the ambitious vision of making everyone feel valued at work and as you may have expected, this type of growth brings risk. In order to keep up with the growing number of transactions, we need to streamline and automate manual workflows to scale our Compliance and AML efforts and use data and analytics in clever ways - we want to understand criminal strategy and methods, and the secrets to much of this is hidden deep in our data.
Our Compliance and AML teams are the gatekeepers of our company - they keep us in line with international regulations, they ensure we meet the needs for our licenses and partners, but most importantly they keep us safe from prying criminals and ensure our platform is used for good. They are crime fighters equipped with some of our strongest in-house tech but we need a data-centric Analyst to find the anomalies hidden within the numbers and strengthen our analytical approach to scaling our controls. As a Compliance and AML Analyst you will split your time between Compliance & AML, Compliance Technology and the Data + Analytics domain.
You’ll be contributing to building out and scaling an essential function in Pleo, working with the latest (and greatest!) tools and tech such as DBT, Google BigQuery, Segment, and Looker while improving yourself and others through a dynamic and passionate team working environment. You’ll be delving deep into our data to help us identify hidden risk and building out our internal controls - you future crime fighter.
- Performing advanced analysis on our customers activities and transactions in collaboration with the Financial Crime team
- Design and build analytics data models, which will act as the single source of truth for Compliance and Financial Crime
- Automate and optimise processes using data and analytics
- Analyze changes in transaction behaviours or volume in connection with new products, markets or internal processes
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of SQL
- experience in AML KYC/ Ongoing Due Diligence
- Experience with data visualisation in BI Tools such as Tableau, Looker or similar
- Strong analytical foundations and experience with more advanced analytics topics such cohort and regression analysis, predictive modelling etc.
- Great communicator of analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience with R or Python is a plus
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones).
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you're here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
- Yearly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones) The last one was in Spain on September 2021.
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 400+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂