Lots of VP of Product job ads out there talk about what their company builds or what your responsibilities will be. It’s not like we’ll avoid that, but that’s not the main message we want to send you. We want to talk about your why.
Don’t join Pleo for a title. We avoided having them for as long as we could to keep the (very 🇩🇰) flat-org culture. We still differentiate the title — what one can do, their entire skill set — and the role — where they apply it. Join Pleo for the human product and human culture.
Don't join Pleo for things we've already achieved. Biggest series C in Denmark's history, Startup of the Year at the 2020 Global Startup Awards, being #1 in G2’s Satisfaction rating among small business expense management software — it's very humbling and also weird to write down. We don't want to brag. We want to be the go-to spending solution for forward-thinking teams everywhere. And in many areas we’re only getting started. Join Pleo for how ambitious we are.
Don’t join Pleo to direct and oversee departments. As a startup-turned-scaleup we’ve been reinventing our structure more or less every 6 months. We still do. There are a lot of bets we can take and along with them a lot of uncertainty. Join Pleo for entrepreneurial freedom and control over your destiny (and uncertainty, a lot of it 🤷). You will contribute to developing our vision and strategy for the offering. At the same time expect to support your teams in the details when needed.
Don’t join Pleo to just execute your craft. We form teams and domains (i.e. groups of teams) around problem spaces — so it’s as cross-functional as it gets. Join Pleo to grow as a more rounded product and business leader.
Also, don’t feel too obligated to stick to a “don’t join … — join …” pattern when writing a job ad cause it gets old quickly 😅.
To be fair with you, our expectations are high. Why? Because of the strong Product mindset we have. Every team has it’s vision — we don’t just take requirements from stakeholders. There is always methodical research, minimal solutions, and quick iterations. And we view any problem as a product opportunity.
Now, why was there no problem space description so far?
There have been a couple of clues to that actually. Being in a process of changing our structure and in preparations for taking on new big bets we have several areas where we see a good case for bringing in Senior product leaders. In scope that means managing or founding domain(s) of several teams. We organise domains around problem spaces so they (can) include both product and non-product teams (e.g. performance marketing, payments operations, etc.) that you will run. And in spirit that means seeing yourself in aforementioned values 👆. From there, our plans are as ambitious as you can suggest and as fast-paced as you can drive.
Shall we talk?
You will thrive in this role if you
- You are a Senior Product leader who leads with a vision
- Have a deep understanding of org design, product structuring, and training
- Tend to invest in deeply understanding your problem area, strategy, and users to inspire new and improved ways of solving their problems.
- Have a passion for people management. You work to see your team and individuals grow and ship great products.
- Can connect the dots and see how a product area can impact most parts of our entire product
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Preferably worked in: B2B 😮 / SaaS 🤗 / FinTech 🙌 / with people-centric values 😍
Your colleagues say you
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Continuous learner, systematic
- Empathetic of people and stakeholders
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Love knowing how things work and solving challenges
- Kept arranging the magnets on the fridge
- Asked a loooooot of questions as a kid!
- Probably work in IT (moms)
And here are some nice gestures that we do
- You get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)…
- …or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, Montreal)
- Catered lunch in our offices
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Great parental leave: 100% paid, 24 weeks for mums & 8 weeks for dads
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Once a year – in any normal year – our entire company gets together at a team camp.
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 400+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂