Give me a P! Give me an R!
That's the one! PR. Two little letters that, when brought together in harmony, can unlock a whole new stratosphere for company growth and credibility.
And, we've got all the pieces in place to make our PR effort lift off ...
A great vision and brand purpose that drives us: to make everyone feel valued at work.
The consistently best-in-class rated spending solution in Europe.
A great product helping companies unlock autonomy, trust and better work.
One of the hottest verticals globally – FinTech.
Some pretty O-M-G ambitions and growth targets, following our record-busting Series C raise.
Charismatic founders, C-levels, board members and team altogether, ready for comment, profile or the occasional editorial byline.
Momentum – our record-busting Series C raise earlier this year made doubters stop short and pay attention (we also put our CEO on a big rock. You know, to keep things humble).
Sounds too good to be true? Almost: we don't have you!
Enter stage left: our Global PR Lead.
Reporting into Pleo's Brand & Comms Director (me; hi), and working closely with our on-the-ground marketing managers and executive team, you'll be accountable for crafting and executing our earned media strategy across territories, liaising with local representation on the ground and putting our co-Founder on more rocks – bigger, international tier one rocks!
The role will be based at either of our offices in London, Berlin or Copenhagen. As part of this schmooze-heavy role, you'll also be gallivanting across our European markets when necessary, planting the seed for the next front-page story.
Things you'll be doing
- Executing our global PR strategy – underpinned by the PESO model
- Handling our global PR budget and retainers with representation in each of our markets
- Working closely with our Product Marketing, Data and Strategy teams to build compelling media stories around our product usage, market analysis and the state of business spending at large
- Supporting the wider Brand & Comms team with newsjacking opportunities and blended PR efforts and global campaigns that tie into the core brand strategy
- Briefing internal stakeholders for press interviews
- Facilitating media training for all those that you determine need it
You'll thrive in this role if ...
- You are a hands-on PR practitioner
- An open and empathetic leader and collaborator
- You have a perfect mix of creative thinking and managerial prowess
- You feel comfortable straddling global and hyper-local initiatives
- You believe in brand-building and long-term marketing plays ...
- But also appreciate the tactical, short-term efforts too!
- You speak multiple EU languages (not mandatory here, but no doubt a huge bonus)
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Flexible work – and we really meant that. Work from where you want, when you want, for whatever reason you want. We trust you.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Once a quarter (give or take), our entire company gets together at a team camp. We’ve just been to Costa Brava, we’d love to see you at the next one!
And here are some other nice things that we offer
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Catered lunch
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 380+ team, from over 53 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂