Let's start with a "simple" question. How should a company onboard 50+ new people every month across 6 offices (or remotely anywhere in the world), while servicing tens of thousands of customers, running 124 internal SaaS tools used by an existing team of 400 people? How should we think about managing it (securely) at scale, so it works flawlessly as we scale to 800, 1000 and beyond? If a question like that gets you excited we have a job for you.
At Pleo we are growing fast. For us, a well oiled operation enabled by the best-of-breed IT is not just a "nice to have". It's a "must have". It's also one of the key ingredients of our long-term success and it's why we are looking for you, our first Chief Information Officer.
You will become the leader of our IT discipline across a growing company of 400+ and your key focus will be to ensure that IT is our strategic asset, an enabler of smooth operations across all areas of the business. To succeed, you will need experience in and be passionate about setting up an efficient tech organisation with a strong strategy and execution excellence. You will very often work closely with leaders across the business, ensuring that IT fits their broader strategy and overall direction of the business.
On a more practical note you will need to be comfortable to get hands on in the early days. From day #1 you will take on our existing IT & Security teams (total of 6 people). Working closely with the CTO, you will align on a strong strategy for IT and how it fits into the overall technology landscape within Pleo. Together with our VP of Revenue Operations, you will define how IT enables a world-class commercial operations engine. With our People Operations you will define an estate of tools we need to have in place to run our teams effectively or working closely with our Director of Data you will ensure that data flows through the company in the best possible way, underpinning our data-driven business ambition. As you can see, we have a lot of - hopefully - exciting challenges!
You will likely be a great fit if you:
- Think of IT as a strategic competence and advantage, not a means to keep the lights on.
- Are great at connecting the dots to find the right combination of technology, process and people (and yes, also connecting the right tools!)
- Work from business needs back to the technology, since it helps you build a plan and roadmap focused on what really matters. You know how to work with other leaders across the business and manage often competing priorities. You put the business first, apply your technology knowledge and guide the conversation towards the best technology solutions.
- Know what a great process looks like. You always think systematically, building solid processes and solutions that can scale.
- Can drive strategic change. With intense growth comes a lot of new expectations and a lot of change. You look a few steps forward and think about where we have to be to continue building a high-performing organization. You proactively set strategies and execute them with your team to practice.
- Are a leader and great manager. People follow you not because they have to, but because they want to. You bring them on a journey with you, where everyone grows.
Show me the benefits!
- Flexible work: work from home when you want, whenever you want (we trust you!)
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- Team camps around the world - remotes flown in (around once a quarter) for team building and learning (hurry up and apply already so we can bring you to the next one)
- Catered lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we make:
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- A totally pain-free remote working/working from home policy
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 380+ team, from over 53 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂