What do you do when you have writer's block? Maybe Google around, get inspired by other people. If you are lucky, you run into someone with a high degree of street cred (or programming cred in this case) who already said super eloquently what you want to say. Then you shamelessly quote it.
So here we go:
"STARTUP = GROWTH"
That's all, folks; you can now click apply :)
In all seriousness, we have a unique opportunity for someone special; let me give you some details.
During your career, you have probably realized that a company's website is traditionally an under-invested domain, yet it can be the organization's most significant revenue and growth driver. In Pleo, we see the website's potential and are ready to invest everything it takes to get the most out of it.
We have big plans for the company's future, and we want our website to be nothing short of excellent. If you are the kind of person who would like to hold the reins of the website team, look no further; this opportunity is what you're looking for.
As the Engineering Lead of the website team, you would directly impact the team structure (Need more front enders? let's hire! Need an extra data analyst? what are we waiting for!), be on the driving seat for the technology choices, and own the direction the team will take in its road to excellence.
Making informed decisions in collaboration with stakeholders (such as Head of Brand, Head of Marketing, Head of lead generation) and the project manager will be part of the day-to-day role. Settling for "the page is performing OK" will never be part of the team's modus operandi, as you will work with very talented people who will challenge and help the team consistently push the limits.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Equally enjoy building a website yourself as well as empowering the team of engineers to do so.
- Have a passion for website development, and you are comfortable working and guiding the team to achieve a vision.
- Think creatively and come up with solid technical solutions to novel ideas & challenges that arise from business as it scales.
- Enjoy working closely with business stakeholders and always reason about your decisions with technology and business in mind.
- You like to iterate quickly to optimize for rapid learning. You strive to hit the right balance between perfection and speed, so we can double down on what works and kill what doesn't before we invest too much.
The hard skills needed:
- Experience managing a team or projects across a group of engineers.
- Experience shipping software that directly drives commercial results.
- Hands-on frontend experience (Ideally website-focused) and understanding of the web ecosystem. Fullstack experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of performance marketing, 3rd party tracking, growth hacking, etc.
- Experience working with various systems with the ability to choose the appropriate tool for the job (as well as to articulate why)
- Frontend frameworks & libraries - React.js (or similar), Gatsby, PostCSS, Next, Headless CMS's.
- Databases - we use PostgreSQL predominantly.
- Experience building systems in Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud).
Your colleagues say about you:
- You are a self-starter who enjoys exploring the unknown and mapping out possible solutions.
- You are always eager to ship. You like to get things out and test your ideas/solutions rather than fiddling with minor details until you have something perfect.
- You have a solution-centric mindset.
Your mom says that you:
Kept changing how you told her that you were hungry to see which method had the best results
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)...
- ...or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Northern Ireland last December.
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you're here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 380+ team, from over 53 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂