If you’ve landed on this page and are looking for your next role within Sales Development, we’re guessing you’re a people person who loves to inspire others in various ways? Could be something like teaching people the art of sales? Or inspiring a frustrated Finance Director to find a new solution to managing expenses instead of having to go through heaps of paperwork to keep on top of monthly company spending (obviously, they need to start Pleo’ing it 😉).
Well, if we’ve just described you and you’re looking for a role where you can have a real impact on company performance by building an innovative, scalable and effective BDR team, we may have the perfect opportunity for you at Pleo!
But first, here’s a bit about us...
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. We’re doing this by transforming the future of work, some may argue that the future of work is already here.. But is it really?
While we’ve made leaps and bounds when it comes to revolutionising the workplace, there’s one area of business that remains stubbornly old school — we’re talking expenses. Teams are often left out-of-pocket. Time and money is swallowed up by laborious processes. And then there’s the needless bureaucracy. We’re here to change that. But we need your help…
So, what’s the opportunity?
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer of Pleo, you will be responsible for scaling our BDR team (expected to reach 100+ by the end of next year - yes, we’re growing quickly! 🚀). You will have a wide canvas to design and build a world-class organization that is responsible for delivering on pipeline targets and developing the next-gen talent pipeline for the sales teams. This role is based in the beautiful city that is Lisbon, but we're open to you being based elsewhere as long as you are happy to travel frequently to Lisbon (2 weeks per month).
You will also:
- Build a world-class BDR org with the twin objective of creating a pipeline, across inbound and outbound, and is the primary source of talent for sales teams
- Hire, train, and manage a team of Sales and Business Development Representatives to hit pipeline targets and for promotion to account executives
- Gamify the process to generate excitement and energy and motivate the team to exceed objectives through coaching and support
- Work closely with Sales Leadership to develop repeatable strategies for logo acquisition tailored to each market within and outside Europe
- Work closely with Marketing build and manage top of funnel prospect building for major campaigns and events
- Work closely with Revenue Operations, Marketing and Sales leadership on territory planning, lead sourcing, lead scoring and lead distribution
- Work with Revenue Operations to establish relevant KPIs, develop dashboards, forecast performance etc. while continuously shaping and improving our systems, processes and tools
- Work closely with Enablement team to help launch Pleo Academy courses to educate teams on forward-thinking sales methodologies with a customer-first approach to help them hit their targets and get them ready for promotion to Account Executives
- Work closely with regional sales teams to create a tight feedback loop with the Account Executive teams to ensure insights feed into the sales process
We believe you’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have a solid track record of experience in B2B SaaS Sales / Business Development / Sales Operations
- Have experience in a leadership role gained within a SaaS/Fintech sales function
- Are an outbound expert and will know what it takes to make outbound work
- Have Deep knowledge of SaaS toolstack and lead sources (Hubspot, Salesloft, Zoominfo, Lusha, Demand base and/or similar.)
- Have an innovative & entrepreneurial mindset and strong self-management ability
- Have high execution power - this is a combined strategy and operational role
- Are analytical and data-driven decision making - obsessed with tracking and improving performance metrics
- Are energised by and thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving scale-up environment
- Are a great coach and leader. You can inspire and teach your team the art of sales, and instil confidence in them
- Are a great communicator capable of listening to the needs of many stakeholders, and able to then communicate your vision and requirements back to stakeholders of all levels
- Love people management. You’ll be leading an incredibly talented team. So you will need to know how to develop, lead, motivate and get the best out of people
Show me the benefits:
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Northern Ireland in December (2019)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do:
- Catered or sponsored lunch in our HQ and Berlin offices when you're here
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 380+ team, from over 53 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂