Chances are that you have been scrolling through various finance related job ads and you stumbled across this one, so let’s try and get your attention quickly.
What makes this particular one special? Well, if you ask us quite a few things:
- You’ll be joining the happiest team at Pleo. We recently got our latest “employee engagement survey” results and those of our finance team were off the charts.
- We are “dogfooding”. That means we are using our own product, so you will never have to swim through a pile of receipts and expense reports. Moreover, since you’d essentially be an “in-house expert” you’ll probably get the chance to help our product teams develop features that would make your (and thousands of other finance professionals’) work easier.
- You will get to be part of a growth journey like no other with amazing possibilities to grow in your role. We’ve grown to +400 people in a few years and we are very ambitious to continue on this path.
What’s more? Very recently, we announced our latest funding round making us an official “unicorn”. What does this mean for you? As a wise man put it: “Mo money, Mo (financially interesting) problems”.
As we grow and expand in current and into new markets, we need someone to help our existing great team in driving the machinery and making sure that everything runs smoothly. Both when it comes to the monthly payroll, handling of supplier payments, monthly accounting and anything in between.
That’s where you hopefully come in.
What does this role entail:
- Assisting in preparing, checking and running our group-wide and global payroll every month.
- Coordinate with global payroll and accounting partners.
- Processing supplier payments like a champ (psst, most of them we can actually handle pretty easy through the Pleo app)
- Assisting with month-end procedures, including accounting and reconciliations for all our entities.
- Assist in and drive various ad-hocs projects that inevitably will land on our desks.
The hard skills needed:
- A love for all things finance
- Understanding general accounting, VAT and tax principles
- Experienced with handling VAT, payroll etc. across multiple countries
- Excel super-user skills
- Knowledge on various accounting systems (knowing how to use e-conomic is a plus)
- Eager to learn
- Motivated to go the extra-mile
Your mom says that you:
- Always asked Santa for the newest TI calculator as a kid
- Never brought home wrong change when she sent you out for errands
- Always knew where all your toys were located, and knew exactly when your mom/dad had removed one
Your colleagues say that you:
- Know every single excel short-cut by heart
- Goes sleepless if anything is off in the books
- Seem to be able to run 1000 projects simultaneously
- Are easy to work with and a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Costa Brava! ☀️
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- Sponsored lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we do:
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food, etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 380+ team, from over 53 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂