Managing company expenses can be time-consuming, error-filled and costly. With more and more companies created each year, more employees are losing their precious work time on these mundane tasks. But Pleo is here to change that.
Pleo is the spending solution for forward-thinking teams, equipping companies with smart payment solutions and cards, all integrated with a comprehensive expense management solution. Helping companies gain transparency and control, one expense at a time, while also empowering their employees with trust and company resources.
Pleo is trusted by over 17,000 small and medium businesses and is one of Europe’s fastest growing FinTech Unicorns, being backed by renowned investors such as Bain Capital Ventures, Thrive, Stripes, Creandum, Kinnevik and more.
We’re looking for a new team member to join the Strategy & Operations team in Pleo. The team is responsible for driving critical strategic initiatives while ensuring cross-functional alignment and agile execution.
We stay focused on aligning the highest-level strategic priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives - all to help Pleo reach its ambitious target of 1 million empowered users by 2025.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the future of one of Europe’s fastest growing FinTech Unicorns.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying, evaluating, and executing strategic value creation opportunities to drive Pleo’s growth e.g., market expansion, launching new verticals and products, etc.
- Supporting the development and execution of Pleo’s strategy and critical strategic initiatives, and steering cross-functional projects
- Developing strategic recommendations for leadership and the Board
- Providing valuable input and helping steer Pleo’s strategic planning process
- Developing actionable insights on innovation, competition and market developments to generate new ideas and support important strategic decisions
- You preferably have experience from a top-tier management consultancy, investment bank, or high growth start-up; previous experience in FinTech is a plus
- You have strong problem-solving abilities, an analytical mindset, and enjoy bringing creativity to developing and implementing new ideas to drive change
- You are a self-starter with an ownership mindset, and demonstrated ability managing projects and stakeholders
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy collaborating across a team, and rallying people around a common goal
- You are an engaging presenter and comfortable communicating to an executive audience
- You have robust quantitative skills and are well-versed in making data-driven decisions and working with financial modelling
Show me the benefits!
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- Team camps around the world - remotes flown in (around once a quarter) for team building and learning (hurry up and apply already so we can bring you to the next one)
- Catered lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we make
- Competitive salary
- Potential for equity incentives
- Opportunity to work from Copenhagen, London, or Berlin with a totally pain-free remote working policy
- 25 days holiday (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc.)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂