Guten Tag! 🇩🇪
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun.
And that's what we're here to do. But we need your help.
Pleo is looking for a hands-on Customer Success Team Lead to join our amazing CS team.
Ideally, you’ll join our German team in our beautiful Berlin office, but we are open for you to work in our Copenhagen HQ if we are a perfect match! 💘
Welcome to the Customer Success Team Lead role!
As a Customer Success Team Lead for Germany you will manage a team of CSMs that manage day-to-day operations and long term business relationships with our MidMarket and UpMarket customers. We are looking for a customer-centric and experienced leader that will have an impact on our growth by leading, coaching and developing our CSMs. This position reports into our Regional Customer Success Manager.
You will need to have the ability to develop excellent working relationships with other teams internally. Specifically, strong partnerships with our Renewals and Expansion team, CS Operations, Customer Education, Marketing, and Product teams will be key to this role. You'll be a constant advocate for our customers, looking out for them every step of the way.
About the team
CSMs are responsible for healthy adoption of our products and services and positions Pleo to meet the current and future business requirements of our customers. CSMs play a critical role in managing customer escalations and proactively communicating upcoming product changes and enhancements.
We’re growing, and fast! This means that our CSMs and company are responsible for the success of thousands of customers. You must feel comfortable and have the skill sets necessary to effectively organize your team in a way that supports this and provides the best customer experience possible. You’ll be held accountable to constantly looking for ways to ensure that our customers get the information they need at the right point in time. You must be and must help your team be data-driven and are encouraged to experiment, measure and iterate our one-to-many communication (think video guides, email campaigns, webinars, etc.).
Are you ready to drop your Bretzel and come to help us!? 🥨
The keys to success in this role will be your ability to combine your passion and experience for leading and coaching people, with strong guidance in all CS related activities with a customer obsessed mindset!
We could ramble on and on, but that’s really it! If you’re an experienced people leader and bring an unparalleled level of passionate and experience to Customer Success, then we might be on to something big here 🚀
- Hire, coach and develop the most amazing CSM team this world has ever seen! 💥
- Partner with other CS leaders and leaders across Pleo to further refine structure, systems, and resources to successfully support our mid-market and Enterprise customers.
- Own your team's metrics (net retention, effortless and impactful OnBoarding, adoption, NPS, you know as you’ve done this before) and drive the plan to and exceed our expectations 🏆
- Work closely with internal teams (Support, Marketing, Sales, Product) to align priorities, collaborate on customer needs and opportunities, and deliver early and increasing value over time.
- Advocate for the best customer experience 🤩 Be the guiding-light for your team and to other Pleoers when it comes to serve as the customer's advocate.
What we need from you on the first day:
- This is not an entry level position, so we need a leader with very solid SaaS Customer Success and leadership experience
- Proven experience in building and managing high performing teams in B2B SaaS companies
- Excellent people leader, able to hire, inspire, hold accountable, and develop an elite team
- Proven track record of leading customer engagements with B2B or B2C customers resulting in increased adoption, customer satisfaction, and customer lifetime value
- Passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience with a list of examples for how you stand out from the crowd
- A strong team player, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, and high-growth start-up experience
- Proven ability in working effectively with diverse stakeholder groups and engaging effectively with senior executives on both technical and business topics
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Native-level fluency in German 🇩🇪
- Project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and requests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with CS and CRM tools (Hubspot, Salesforce, CS tools, Data Visualization, etc.)
- Bonus if experienced in analytics tools or warehouses (Looker, Tableau, Snowflake, Metabase, etc.)
Your colleagues say you:
- are an inspiring leader
- know all the latest about CX
- never settle for second best
- are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows, politics, or egos in Pleo
- share knowledge
- provide ask for feedback all the time
- are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Always ready to take on challenges
- Are positive - the glass is half-full
- Were always going to make her proud (moms)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Northern Ireland! 🏰 - If you are fast to apply, you might make it to our next one in Costa Brava, Spain! 🇪🇸
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Sponsored lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂