Pleo's vision is to make everyone feel valued at work and we are on a mission to become the go-to spending solution for forward-thinking teams everywhere.
We are creating a product to facilitate business spend through a simple solution for all people involved: employees, the finance controller/bookkeeper, and managers.
We are currently enabling companies to spend by card, pay invoices, mileage, and per-diem. And in the cases when employees need to spend from their own pocket – they can get reimbursed directly to their personal card without having to wait for slow payouts.
In every solution we bring to the market we strive to deliver “more than the expected” (the meaning of Pleo). These magic moments we deliver to our customers are enabled by a strong technical and partner foundation in the payment ecosystem. And we want to invest more in this area to be able to continue offering more than what is expected to our customers.
We see payments as a strategic differentiator that enables us to create best-in-class solutions for our users. We are already integrated with card payments infrastructure and banking rails, and are looking to see how we can expand the different payment solutions we can offer to our customers.
Within the payments domain, we've been able to develop much of the required domain knowledge by keeping our team small and allowing them to focus. This approach has worked exceptionally well up to this point – in relation to the team size, we've built a robust payments offering.
As we scale, we've realised we need to double down and really invest in this space. After all, we're a fintech, and our payments domain is critical to our success. To do so we're starting with two interventions: gathering the right leadership and adding a handful of seasoned engineers to our team.
We so far have Product and Operations leadership, but we need an experienced engineering leader to help drive this domain forward. And that's were hopefully you come in!
What does the role entail
- Drive the roadmap and direction of the Payments Infrastructure Platform, allowing a variety of teams to create and process payments.
- Work closely with the other senior leaders within the domain in order to create an environment where teams have high autonomy, clear objectives and are aligned on overall strategy.
- Drive a culture of technical excellence; focussing on high availability, reliability and security. Be a champion of quality data, and data-informed decisions. Balance risk with value delivery, and encourage engineers to be able to make these calls internally.
- Encourage and ensure best-practices in terms of process. Expose older, less-visible processes. Standardise and document them. Reduce the bus-factor.
- Be a strong advocate for your domain to the rest of Pleo. Act as an interface between the Payments domain and the rest of Pleo, communicating relevant information/challenges in and out of the domain.
- Scale up the existing teams with great people and ensure the teams have the right setup and composition to succeed.
- Directly manage engineering leaders (typically Engineering Managers/Team Leads) and indirectly work with functions that will be key partners to execute your strategy (operations, engineering, product).
Hard skills needed
- Experienced managing across multiple teams (= managing managers)
- Experience managing engineers
- Excellent communication to both technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of the payments space
- Demonstrable experience building technical payments-specific products
Show me the benefits!
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- Team camps around the world - remotes flown in (around once a quarter) for team building and learning (hurry up and apply already so we can bring you to the next one)
- Catered lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we make:
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- A totally pain-free remote working/working from home policy
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂