Let's go back to the chaos of company spending. Think of this, you're one of those lucky employees who are high up enough to get your own company credit card (yay!), but you're the only one in your team who has one (nay!), so come month-end, you're collecting this eclectic pile of crumpled receipts and invoices on your desk (nay!). You're nagging your team ("please give me all receipts today!"). You get emailed pictures of blurred receipts, and you get forwarded flight confirmations. It's one big puzzle, and you're not in the mood for riddles.
Oh, what a joy it is to be a manager. You block off your Friday to deal with admin like this. You go through the spreadsheet that your Head of Finance has sent you, and you finally start matching receipts to missing expenses. You realize that someone made an Alibaba order, and you don't know how to categorize that expense (to be honest, you don't even know what was bought).
Happy Friday to you.
Pleo solves today's company spending problem. We empower companies with an app that links up to pre-paid cards. Every person gets a card and is trusted with spending company money. After all, if you're trusted enough to be hired, you should be trusted enough to spend money responsibly.
Our design team at Pleo wants to bring the power back to those doing the job, by creating simple and beautiful interfaces that accomplish complex business tasks. Keeping regular folks very happy, and the finance team too. We want few yet very effective features. It'd be easy to create bloated software, but deep down, we believe the best interface is no interface – just because we can design for screens doesn't mean we always should.
We're looking for someone who believes that, through elegant product design, we can change the way people work today for the better.
The nitty gritty skills needed
- Researching problem areas and distilling insights
- Ideation, prototyping and validating
- Confidence with complex interaction design and flows
- Strong visual design chops
- Handing over and working closely with engineers
- Strong communication skills: both internally and externally
- Knowing how to prioritise work, without compromising quality or organization
We'll geek out if you
- Have crafted onboarding experiences for customers
- Care about the impact of your decisions by looking at data
- Have strong opinions about design processes, tooling and systems
- Have a soft spot for motion and transitional interfaces
- Push our engineering limits (in the right way)
- Actively engage in the design community
- Have a flair for interface copywriting
And here are some nice gestures that we do
- Get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)...
- ...or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid)
- Catered lunch in our offices
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Great parental leave: 100% paid, 24 weeks for mums & 8 weeks for dads
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Once a quarter – in any normal year – our entire company gets together at a team camp.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂