Join us at Pleo!

"Hi. Your app is broken. 😡" - Lukas

What's your response?
Before you answer that, here's ours.

As much as we like the Matrix we're not agents: we're people and we approach our customers just like we wish to be approached ourselves.

We don't see customers as users. We see Lukas, in this case, and that he has a problem with the app. Our aim is to connect with Lukas over the product that we have in common. We try to understand what's gone wrong, and we want to make sure that Lukas doesn’t feel alone in this. We know just how frustrating it can be when something isn't working, so we always try to find the root cause of the problem as fast as possible.

With that, our answer below....

"Hey Lukas, I’m sorry to hear the app’s not working. I'll do my best to figure out what's wrong on your end. Can you please tell me more about what happens when you try to use the app?" - Alex

Meet Alex: she works in support.

Like Alex, you'd need to be able to relate to our customer. She's our customer's go-to, and she is an active listener. She makes sure that they're heard, and from there she investigates the problem.

"I am trying to pay with my card but it keeps getting declined, and says that I must contact my bank provider" - Lukas

Alex is proactive. She realises that Lukas doesn't have the same knowledge of Pleo that she does, and she tries to make solving this problem as simple as possible for him.

"Lukas, I've just had a look. It seems that your card is working fine but that you've reached your spending limit. That limit is set by Cristina, your manager on Pleo. If you reach out to her, I’m sure she’ll be happy to increase it for you" - Alex

What she's really good at is seeing the bigger picture: she hears what Lukas is saying and is able to try to figure out what that means from a product and user point of view.

"Oh right. I understand. Cristina has just increased my limit and it's working now. Thanks, Alex!" - Lukas

In this case, there wasn't an issue with the product. It was more a case of walking Lukas through how to fix his spending limit that was set by his manager. If there was something beyond her knowledge, Alex works closely with Pleo’s Product Team, and would ask the people who built it to help him see what's going on.

The bottom line

We're looking for somebody who has the drive & curiosity to work effortlessly between the customer and product, has the emotional intelligence and understanding to have their finger on the pulse when it comes to customers and their interaction with products. We're looking for someone who is genuinely service-minded and has a built-in eagerness to go above and beyond for our friends, our lovely customers.

If that's you- let's go! 

The skills you need to master this role:

• Native-level fluency in Danish, and fluency in English (our company language).
  • Strong communication skills
  • Customer-first mindset
  • A systematic and analytical approach to problem-solving
  • Can explain the most complicated problems in the simplest terms
  • Ability to translate user questions into feature requests (when customers say "how do I activate my Pleo card in the app?" you hear "our UI needs improvement!")
  • Ability to translate user problems into requests that can be processed by our engineering team quickly and efficiently
  • A tireless eagerness to turn chaos into structure
  • Ability to think and thrive under pressure and against time constraints
  • Experience with bookkeeping and financial technology/payment cards is a plus!
  • Fluency in Swedish is a plus, but not a requirement

Your colleagues say you:

• Work in English & Danish with ease
  • Get it done - and will stay with a task until it's resolved
  • Have an endless amount of questions about the product
  • Are a diffuser - always patient & kind, no matter what
  • Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows
  • Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)

Your mom says that you

• Always need to get to the bottom of things (even if it takes hours!)
  • Are a natural born teacher
  • Are a direct and clear communicator
  • Were always going to make her proud (moms)

Show me the benefits!

• Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
  • Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
  • Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Northern Ireland! 🏰
  • Continual learning & development opportunities
  • 25 days holidays (annual)
  • Sponsored lunch

And here are some other nice gestures that we do

• Amazing HQ where we value a great working environment (real barista coffee so you don’t have to go to a coffee shop, friday bars - we are at Denmark after all -, amazing lounge areas, rooftop terrace in the summer, among other things)
  • Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
  • Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)

Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series B-round investment, we think we're onto something big.

So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we have a 220+ team, from over 44 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, or Madrid offices – and even some full-time remotes. Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.

Sometimes, we win awards 🤩🏆

Apply for this Job

* Required