Welcome to the Sales Excellence Manager role!
As our Sales Excellence Manager at Pleo you will be responsible for supporting and building the infrastructure behind our growing sales organisation. Your mission is to help define and improve sales processes, analyse and share insights on key revenue drivers and sales trends, design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way. You will report to the VP of Sales and be instrumental to our ability to scale and run an effective Sales team.
We are building a rocket. And we have the resources. Are you ready to take us to space?
Who are we?
We are a Danish fintech startup - well, not that much of a startup anymore, but our values are deeply and strongly shaped around that. That being said, we believe in flat hierarchy and bottom-up decision making: from being around our offices, to the team meetings and our vocal slack community, working with us you will find a place where every voice is heard, where people spar their ideas and are not afraid to ask questions and improve themselves and others. We listen to each other and adapt accordingly.
Let's dive into your key responsibilities
- Work closely with sales management and leadership on implementation of solutions that drives efficiency and conversion rates of each sales channel
- Work cross-functionally with other commercial teams; Marketing, Customer Success and Commercial Operations to improve workflows
- Design and implement a sales compensation structure that awards high performance and aligns incentives of the sales team with the business goals
- Identify and build/improve key sales and account management processes to ensure high performance across teams that scale over time
Wait, there are more!
- Engage with sales reps and sales leadership to get ongoing feedback on the sales process and structure and drive improvements
- Develop key metrics to be communicated across the sales org and leadership that provide insights into sales performance and operational efficiency
- Support weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact our growth trajectory
- Monitor the accuracy of sales reports and other data and intelligence essential to the sales organization: recommend revision to existing reports, or assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Work closely with the Finance team to provide accurate analysis and sales forecasting used for company financial planning
- Be involved in sourcing, implement, and manage technologies used by the sales team and evaluate the effectiveness of the technologies
- Collaborate with our Commercial Ops team on development and administration of our CRM and other integrated tools such as Stripe, Outreach, Aircall, Jiminny, Calendly, and others
- Manage and prioritize ongoing support requests, projects, and priorities in real time
The nitty gritty skills needed
- 8+ years experience in Sales Operations or Excellence, with a demonstrated history of improving sales productivity by providing data-driven insights for strategy planning and sales enablement (especially within the SaaS startup or Finance space)
- Proven ability to lead and drive sales process models and rollouts
- Ability to analyse complex sets of data and present it in an easy and digestible manner
- Strong financial acumen and understanding
- An Excel and Google Sheets wizard
- Experience managing operations across multiple global offices is a plus
You will thrive in this role if you
- Have the ability to balance high level planning with day-to-day operations
- Have strong organisational skills and high execution power
- Are a flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly-changing work environment
- Have data-driven decision making skills
- Experience with SQL and/or Python is a plus!
- Have excellent listening, verbal, written communication skills
- Thrive in leading initiatives across multiple teams and have a passion for sales and technology
Your colleagues say you
- Are someone who gets things done !
- Easy to work with (Empathetic of people and stakeholders)
- Are a person they would also enjoy getting a coffee with (virtual or not)
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
Your mom says that you
- You've always loved structure and numbers
- Love knowing how things work and solving challenges
- You do what you say you're going to do
- Kept rearranging the magnets on the fridge
- Asked a loooooot of questions as a kid!
What we do
Pleo focuses on making business spending seamless.
Our angle to do this is through company spending; we’ve built a product that gives trust and autonomy to all employees: everyone gets a company card and spends company money responsibly. No expense reports. No time wasted. Decentralisation of decision making. Delegation through ownership. That's our focus. We can't be hypocrites with a product doing one thing and then internally doing another: so the future workplace permeates through the way we work. We certainly aren't perfect, and we're not striving for perfection. Instead, we're striving to be pioneers: we want our product to change workspaces, and so our own workspace is a place of constant change.
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Northern Ireland in December (2019)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you're here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
- discounts with specific vendors
The reason most of us work at Pleo is because we want to change the workplace of today. We are motivated by companies trusting with us and giving us autonomy to work in the best way for us - and for the company.
Pleo solves today's company spending problem. We empower companies with an app that links up to pre-paid cards. Every person gets a card, and is trusted with spending company money. After all, if you're trusted enough to be hired, you should be trusted enough with spending money responsibly.
Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in one of our offices with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Sometimes, we want to show some cool things happening here at Pleo 👇
A sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp (this one is from Berlin - June 2019) https://youtu.be/Ooy0JCJzNzc
ps. We also won some cool awards this past year
What am I in for?
If you want to know how we hire, company-wide, here's how we do it: https://blog.pleo.io/how-we-hire/