Guten Tag! 🇩🇪
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun.
And that's what we're here to do. But we need your help.
Pleo is looking for hands-on Renewal & Expansion Managers to join our Berlin team.
Energy, Edge, Execution, and Passion are critical to your success here. You're constantly bringing the team up, going out of your way to help your teammates, and bring day in and day out enthusiasm to the company and job.
About Our Customer Experience Growth Team
As a Renewal & Expansion Manager, you will ensure that our clients are continuously getting the most value possible out of our platform and ensure they experience a delightful and stress free renewal process.
The team is newly established and currently developing processes, team and data structures at rapid speed. This means that you need to be super adaptable as our methodology changes, because it is given that we will optimise this on an ongoing basis! We will be a team that is progressing fast initially rather than optimising for perfection. The team will be based in their local offices and have close working relationships with the other departments in those offices.
You will have excellent working relationships with other teams internally who will be active within your portfolio. Specifically, a rock solid partnership with the Customer Success team, Sales, Commercial Operations, Customer Education, Marketing, and Product teams will be key to this role. You'll be a constant advocate for your customers, looking out for them every step of the way.
Are you ready to drop your bretzel and come to help us!?
The keys to success in this role are your ability to look at customer data, trends and usage to come up with creative ideas for how customers can increase Pleo usage within their organization. You should be able to analyse customer data and diagnose what has gone well and what hasn't for a specific client or cohort of clients within your portfolio. You must be able to excel in discovery of your clients’ needs and translate this into meaningful new Pleo usage. The key to success in this role is a “closer mindset.” The ability to propose new business opportunities and negotiate financially viable agreements based on the analysis you have done and the experience you bring. You should be fully comfortable asking for their business and translating their needs into something material.
It is important to state that this is a customer facing role where you will be handling your own book of business, you are not making analysis for others to follow up on, this will be your job.
We’re growing, and fast! As we scale you'll be looking after hundreds of accounts. This means that you’re obsessed with conversion rates and constantly look for ways to ensure that your customers get the information they need at the right point in time. You're data-driven and will be encouraged to experiment, measure, and iterate on processes and flows.
- Ensuring net retention rates above industry standards. 120%+ 📈
- Along with your partner in crime, a Customer Success manager, retain and grow the revenue for existing Pleo customers, owning both the net and gross retention rate of your customer base.
- Close deals with customers and prepare all needed argumentation and documentation
- Build referenceable customers who want to tell the world about their experience
- Track and report on KPIs and trends that show the health of your portfolio. Use this data to iterate and learn how we can best improve going forward.
- This is a new and exciting opportunity to build something from the ground up which means it’s critical you come in with an open mind, ready to think creatively, and not be afraid to challenge your team and others
- Achieve operational excellence 🤓
- Ensure all communication and activities with your customers are well organised and documented.
- Use Pleo effectively to measure customer product KPIs and run adoption analyses for customers.
- Continuously measure and communicate key metrics to peers and your manager.
- Own value add throughout the entire customer journey 🧑🚀
- With exceptional emotional intelligence you step into the customer journey with impeccable timing to ensure that customers advance and grow their usage of Pleo.
- Use available data to analyse new creative ways that Pleo can help the customer achieve their business goals. If you don’t have what you need, you speak up and enact change.
- Orchestrate a renewal process with customers and work in lock step with your customer success/teammate to drive expansion opportunities.
- Deliver business value 💰
- Work with customers to develop success plans that outline how Pleo adoption will address their required capabilities needed to achieve positive business outcomes both immediately and in the future.
- Measure, communicate and demonstrate ROI to your customers in creative ways.
- Become a trusted advisor on product analytics 👩💻
- Have complete context on our product and become an expert in the Fintech space.
- Educate our customers on the value and associated positive business outcomes of our business spending solution.
- Communicate seamless ROI calculations and business proposals to a wide variety of audiences: Finance managers, marketers, customer success managers, and C-level executives.
- Expand existing customers 🆒
- Grow Pleo revenue via upsells while providing an ideal customer experience. The experience cannot suffer.
- Proactively identify where and how Pleo capabilities can deliver incremental business value.
- Partner on account plans and the opportunities with your customer success manager. Create clarity around objectives, requirements, and action plans that delineates roles, responsibilities, and target timelines with the aim of driving increased value with their current contract with Pleo.
- Constantly iterate on our process 🧑🔬
- Be apart of a new and growing team at Pleo and help inform our approach to retention activities.
- Contribute to our team growth by creating new content, playbooks, and processes for peers to use as winning strategies.
30-60-90 Day Plan 📆
Within 30 days, you will:
- Be familiar with Pleo solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite
- Internalize Pleo success stories, our systems and our processes
- Shadow sales and customer experience meetings with existing clients
- Learn how to answer most common customer business questions
- Understand how to manage renewal/upsell deal cycles
Within 60 days, you will:
- Begin to take on your own portfolio of accounts and drive revenue
- Become fluent in customers' histories, goals with Pleo, and define account plans to make these accounts successful
- Articulate customer stories and measure wins in terms of business ROI
Within 90 days, you will:
- Fully ramped and executing with your portfolio of customers.
- Have ownership over the retention, and growth of these accounts along with your customer success team member
What we need from you on the first day:
- Native-level fluency in German.
- Proven track record of closing deals with B2B customers resulting in increased adoption, customer satisfaction, and contract value growth on both upsells and renewals. You should always be thinking as a closer, optimising for the best business outcome.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment
- Data savvy with the ability to look at data sets and find trends, tendencies and outliers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with an ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external clients
- Proven experience in a consultative customer facing role (management consulting, account executive, account management, customer success management, etc.) with a SaaS organization - this is not an entry level position, so we need very strong experience!
- Prone to autonomy and ability to self motivate. You’re a self starter, entrepreneurial at heart, and have always been a naturally motivated person. Our team is distributed so you need to feel comfortable operating this way and building some relationships virtually.
- Knowledge of the Fintech space, or experience within the SaaS/digital space
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Experience with CS and CRM tools (Hubspot, Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.)
Your colleagues say you:
- Are easy to work with
- Leave no opportunity unturned
- Comfortable closing deals
- Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows, politics, or egos in Pleo.
- Share knowledge
- Are comfortable with feedback and the fact that we all have room to improve
Your mom says that you
- Don't need to be told twice to get things done
- Always ready to take on challenges
- Are positive - the glass is half-full
- Were always going to make her proud (moms)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Northern Ireland! 🏰
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Sponsored lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking Friday bar, Great British Bake-offs, holiday parties, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series B-round investment, we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we have a 220+ team, from over 44 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, or Madrid offices – and even some full-time remotes. Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.