Guten Tag! 🇩🇪
Are you looking for your next exciting career move? Well then you are in the right place! We at Pleo are looking for a hands-on sales professional to join our Berlin team.
As an Account Executive, your primary focus is to spread the word about Pleo in Germany and help us scale in the DACH region. Your point of contact are the Pleo admins, namely the CFOs, CEOs, MDs, Operations Directors and everyone else who might be the decision maker in regards to the spending policy in SMEs and medium-sized companies. This role requires a high level of energy, a can-do attitude paired with an analytical and empathetic mindset. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting leads via outbound activities, qualifying opportunities, delivering amazing product demos, converting deals to handing over your deals to our customer experience team.
But wait, what's the product?
We help customers to delegate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (expensing platform) that comes with physical
pre-paid cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company. The best part is we're all users of Pleo ourselves - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients or a Mac for a new hire.
What's up to me?
Pretty simply - to help spreading the good news of Pleo to the german market, and get them to use it. You come with the hard sales skills and curiosity, and in exchange we'll prepare you with an expertly crafted & tailored outbound methodology. Outbound sales gives you the ability to maintain control of your leads, as well as give you the autonomy to explore whichever industries intrigue you. You'll also be partially supported by marketing, who deliver warm leads straight into your pipe (at an above-industry-standard rate).
What we need from you on the first day:
- Native-level fluency in German
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- More of a hunter than a farmer in sales (outbound experience preferred)
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Pipeline management and ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥 - Our sales process is dynamic and fast. You are geared to close sales every day!
- A background in sales (1-3 years sales and/ or BDR and B2B experience preferred). You will execute email, social & calling outbound prospecting campaigns
- Leadership potential - we are growing and we want you to grow with us! (experience in managing a sales team is a huge plus!)
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we need you to build our German presence
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with
- Humility. You ask "How can I create and build more value here?" rather than "What's in it for me?"
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one we had was in Northern Ireland! 🏰
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- Sponsored lunch
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series B-round investment in 2019, and a Series C-round announced in April 2021, we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 300+ team, from over 44 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 15 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂