Guten Tag! 🇩🇪
Do you speak German and want to join a rapidly growing business?
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun. The Pleo product ends out of pocket spending and gets rid of the outdated manual expensing process. The best part is when you join us you become a user of Pleo too!
Pleo is looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join the Berlin team.
As an Account Executive, your primary focus is to spread the good word about Pleo in Germany and help us scale in the DACH region.You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting leads via outbound activities, qualifying opportunities, delivering amazing product demos, converting deals to handing over your deals to our customer experience team.
- Exploring and strategically developing Pleo’s market in Germany
- Qualifying opportunities together with a Business Development Rep
- Outbound sales conversations & holding demos with forward thinking companies
- Converting deals and closing before handing over clients to our Customer Experience team.
- You'll also be partially supported by marketing, who deliver warm leads straight into your pipe (at an above-industry-standard rate).
What we need from you on the first day:
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we need you to strategically build our German presence
- Complete fluency in German (& fluency in english, our company language)
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- A background in sales (sales and/ or BDR and B2B experience preferred). You will execute email, social & calling outbound prospecting campaigns
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Leadership potential - we are growing and we want you to grow with us!
What's in it for me?
- Uncapped commission structure
- Flexible benefits package of €2500 per year; spend it how you like; tennis lessons, more PTO, dental plan.. a new puppy? Whatever makes you happy!
- Onboarding 'Bricks' programme to get you set up for success!
- Full ‘Pleo’ sales onboarding and continuous coaching, we’ll equip you with all the tools you need to hit your targets.
- We’re Series C and rapidly scaling; grow your career in Sales with us or even move to another team, we’re open!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending) - as a remote worker you get a budget to kit out your home office (no more back problems from your old chair) and a budget to spend on co-working space if you want to get out of your home office!
- Trips abroad for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Costa Brava, Spain in September! 🇪🇸 🇪🇸
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- 28 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 500+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂
By submitting your application, you consent to Pleo processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Pleo would like to contact you regarding future job openings.