You know your way around
- Server-side languages (we mostly use Kotlin and TypeScript but we know you can learn new languages)
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Heroku, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean)
- ...and micro-services / distributed systems (Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, Consul)
- DevOps culture and tools (Travis, Gradle, Terraform)
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Spanner)
- Basic scripting (Bash, Python)
Your colleagues say you
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Know that Go is more than a board game
- Never stop being curious and love learning about new languages/ frameworks/ working styles
- Are easy to work with
- Would be a person that they would actually like to have a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Love knowing how things work
- Probably are an ace at board games
- Take on challenges
- Probably work in IT (moms)
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)......or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones).
- The last one was in Northern Ireland last December.
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you're here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series B-round investment in 2019, and a Series C-round announced in April 2021, we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 300+ team, from over 44 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 15 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂