PlayVS is building the infrastructure and official platform for high school esports. We work with game publishers and high school governing bodies to build and operate sanctioned leagues across the country. Our software products tie everything together, creating the world’s first full-stack sports platform. We believe in the power of esports -- the challenges we solve together on a daily basis are new, exciting, and relevant to creating a robust esports ecosystem. PlayVS is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and rapidly expanding.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Designer to join our team. As one of the first product designers at PlayVS, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product process, from brainstorming to launch. You’ll be combining your product, interaction, and visual design skills to create polished experiences for our growing community.
Here's what you'll get to do
- Embedding in a product team and partnering with engineers, product managers and data scientists to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch.
- Establishing a unified and world-class presence across all our products and platforms.
- Understanding business needs and connecting them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Research, ideate, and help envision the future of the PlayVS platform experience.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do.
- Foster a culture of design.
Here's what we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in consumer-facing, software product development.
- Has worked on multiple complex product experiences end-to-end.
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Strong experience with consumer digital products.
- Familiarity with the most current project / process management tools.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex design issues into easily understood terms in order to articulate the value of design to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- A user-centric approach and love to think holistically about solving customer needs based on both qualitative and quantitative research.
- You can support, enable, and integrate with PlayVS’ agile product development culture and rapid cadence of frequent and aggressive release cycles.
- You’re scrappy. You know how and when to prototype, test and validate product hypotheses, and have proven success at identifying MVPs and growing them into delightful and successful software experiences.
- High comfort level with customer discovery, in-person interviews, as well as data (e.g. user surveys, statistics, funnel analytics) to continuously improve the user experience.
- Entrepreneurial and risk-oriented, with an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. Confident and experienced decision-maker, comfortable with risk assessment and the ability to assume a leadership role and "push the envelope" when required.
- Passionate, driven, generous and a motivated self-starter, with deep collaboration skills and EQ.
- Experience with high fidelity prototyping
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and React
- Experience with brand & visual design
- You enjoying playing video games as much as us!
- Have a sense of humor, humility, and curiosity