PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fueled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform.
In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled Technical Artist to support our artists and engineers in creating AAA experiences for our upcoming projects.
- Work with modelers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Work with the Art Director to identify project-specific rendering needs and to develop an implementation plan
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
- 3−4 years of experience as a Modeler, FX Artist in game industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
- Strong understanding of modelling and art tools (Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good artistic skills (proportion, colour, composition);
- Ability to work with technical documentation;
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, Mel, C#, etc.)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. Maya/Substance) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine).
- Strong experience with HLSL or GLSL shading languages.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.