PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Global Direct to Consumer (D2C) team are part of a vibrant Sales organization whose mission is to grow the lifetime value of PlayStation customers by providing world leading customer centric retail experiences. D2C brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. Our area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years and has now become the key revenue driver for the business.
The D2C Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, who are passionate about digital and inspired by being at the forefront of gaming monetisation.
Reporting to the Director of Game Planning, the Senior Content Analyst will be responsible for modelling and scenario planning Key Games content. Partnering closely with the Digital Games Sales account managers and the Machine Learning team, they will manage both short and long-term forecasts remaining objective and balancing competing perspectives. We are looking for an experienced forecaster, confident in generating insights from data with a strong background in and passion for gaming. This role will suit an ambitious senior analyst with a passion for gaming who thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accurately forecast & analyse game revenue & trends for PlayStation Key Titles on a weekly, monthly & annual basis
- Work closely with Digital Game Sales account managers to analyse trends & insights and update forecasts accordingly
- Business Planning lead for integration of Machine Learning models into forecasting processes
- Be able to methodically build out new models to be used by the Business Planning team and be able to articulate core assumptions & rationale behind them
- Be able to present forecasts, analysis & strategic trends in a clear & concise manner to senior leads on a regular basis
- Work closely with teams across D2C to gain a thorough understanding of how the business operates and what role each team plays in the running of the store.
- Be able to objectively prioritise multiple projects across multiple functions and provide senior leadership with a clear understanding of the rationale
- You will leverage insights and expertise from across SIE,
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years’ experience in insights and forecasting
- BSc/BA in Economics, Sciences or Mathematics preferred
- Data literate with strong excel skills
- Strong modelling skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and present complex analysis to non-technical audiences
- Worked as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time-zones
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion
- Passionate gamer or experience within the Gaming industry preferred
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.