PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About our team: Global Sales and Business Operations Group
Within PlayStation's Global Sales and Business Operations Group, the Direct to Consumer team brings together diverse talent from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content and products. This area of PlayStation has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve rapidly towards new business models alongside dynamic changes in the Games industry. In September 2019, PlayStation launched PlayStation Direct, our first direct to consumer hardware and peripherals business.
As the Senior Business Analyst, PlayStation Direct you will provide analysis, insights and the "so what" to the PlayStation Direct team supporting decision-making, 3rd party products inventory management and business case development. Along with the Senior Web Analyst you will monitor operational performance and provide key findings to stay ahead of opportunities.
The ideal candidate has outstanding analytics skills, deep understanding of both the physical retail and online spaces, strong collaboration skills, and a passion for analysis.
What you'll be doing:
Operational Performance Analysis and Insights
Work hand in hand with Web analytics to provide a 360 view across the business. Determine key operational performance indicators using internal and external data. Drive alignment on key measures of success, track results & trends to uncover insights. Works closely with
Commercial and Digital Merchandising teams to help them understand all aspects of daily business operations including, but not limited to, booked vs billed sales,operating margin, attach rates, cancellations, met demand rates, returns and adjustments, exits and liquidations. Become authority in e-commerce operational performance, developing the ability to “connect the dots” of operating performance between various eCommerce business functions such as fulfilment, customer service, marketing and technology.
Decision Making Support
Support the Commercial, Growth Programs and Digital Merchandising teams by providing eCommerce insights and critical thinking. Conduct ad hoc analyses required to identify and deliver growth opportunities ranging from assortment expansion, pricing and promotions and new value propositions to customer journey optimisation and new website features and capabilities. Partner with business owners to build accurate business cases for business initiatives, and track and measure progress and attainment post launch.
3rd Party Products Inventory Management
Collaborate cross functionally on our 3rd party products demand and inventory forecast at a sku level. Analyze commercial managers' initial order and replenishment decisions, balancing inventory levels to ensure we are able to meet customer demand without incurring high exit and liquidation costs.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years as an eCommerce business analyst or equivalent experience
- Experience building business cases for website features and experience enhancements using internal web analytics as well as external research and benchmarking
- Exceptional analysis, problem solving, and modelling skills; ability to drive analyses from end-to-end independently
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritise appropriately
- Structured and strategic approach; ability to break down complex problems and deliver clear insights & recommendations
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience working with data visualisation tools (Tableau) to deliver results and insights, and experience with database extraction and manipulation (Python, SQL) a plus
- Comfortable working in fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited direction
- This is a global role. Candidate must make themselves available to work across global timezones
- This position requires the incumbent to travel internationally for work up to 10% of the time.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.