PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This role sits within the PlayStation Services team who are accountable for the forecasting, proposition, content planning, strategy, and delivery of trading plans to drive growth for both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now.
The Trading Performance Analyst will operate within Services Commercial who are dedicated to driving growth of PlayStations’ subscription services. PlayStation Plus is subscribed to by the majority of our players and PlayStation Now has seen huge growth since re-launching in October 2019.
The role will cover tracking in month trading performance, aiding in the understanding of deviation from forecasts, adjusting full month expectations, uncovering risks and ops and extracting actionable insights from the performance data.
This role will work closely with Services Trading Managers to reflect the latest plans and proposals in the subscription forecasts as well highlighting opportunities and challenges to work collaboratively to maximise and overcome. In addition to working with a range of teams across the organisation to ensure alignment on insights and performance drivers and collation of data to support performance understanding.
What you’ll be doing:
- Tracking in month performance globally for both PlayStation subscription businesses with detailed views at a regional level
- Understanding key drivers to performance and deviations from forecast
- Amending monthly outlooks to provide the business with an accurate view of what the current sales trends mean for the full month position
- Working with Services trading team to account for upcoming promotions, changes to the service or changes in the gaming industry within forecasts
- Working with the wider insights teams to drive further understanding of performance
- Collaborating across console sales and on-console Store forecasting teams to ensure alignment on expectations and understanding of actuals
- Optimising and automating the reporting suite
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience in trading/analysis roles within subscription businesses
- Strong Excel skills
- SQL skills
- Experience with visualisation tools, ideally Tableau.
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.