PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Content Acquisition Manager to join the global PlayStation services team that manages PlayStation Plus – the world’s largest game subscription service with over 47M subscribers – and the rapidly growing PlayStation Now service
- The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in identifying, negotiating and securing the games that power PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now to drive player engagement and maintain subscriber momentum
- Close collaboration with internal teams – including third party relations, PlayStation Studios, analytics, marketing, content ops – and external publishing partners is key to delivering the best outcomes for players, partners and our business
- Responsible for executing a $multi-million content budget to secure the best games and maximise return on investment
What you'll be doing:
- Become a subject matter expert, implicitly understanding the PlayStation business (Services, Store, Retail) as well as our partners businesses, motivations and priorities
- Close collaboration with planning and analytics teams to help develop the annual content plans and identify specific target titles and content opportunities
- Create and present compelling narratives to publishing partners – including service updates, life cycle management opportunities, title performance & projections and financial forecasts
- Negotiate deals to secure games for our services
- Responsible for managing a $multi-million content budget within agreed parameters as well as maximising the value of each individual deal
- Work with operational teams to contract titles and ensure their successful set-up operationally
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a credible university
- Experience in content planning and acquisition, business development and/or account management within digital entertainment or subscription services roles
- A great teammate who can identify and cultivate key relationships both internally and externally
- High data literacy to work with the analytics teams, translating data into insights to develop and present compelling narratives
- Excellent communication skills are essential for influencing cross-functional partners across all levels of PlayStation and external publishing partners
- Ability to lead individuals in crafting and executing the best solutions for players, partners and the business
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, with a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Advanced degree
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.