PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior Payment Operations Analyst
The Global Payments team are responsible for enabling PlayStation Store consumers to pay for their digital content, services and PS hardware. The Payment Teams have supported the growth of the business by continuously improving the payment experience, optimisation of payment routing and enabling new payment methods. We are seeking individuals with an ambitious spirit, interested in working together at the forefront of online retail experiences aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community.
Reporting to the Global Payment Operations Manager in London, the role will be primarily focused on understanding the consumer journey and driving efficiency. Working closely with a 3rd party partner to conduct payment flow testing throughout the year, you will manage the vendor relationship, be responsible for all testing ensuring documenting of processes, highlighting friction points in the checkout experience and detailing findings. You will monitor and analyse payments critical metrics and use a data driven approach to identify payment opportunities and optimise payment performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- The operations analyst must have excellent knowledge of ecommerce CNP payment business processes, standard methodologies, strong customer service and documentation skills.
- Provide reporting and insight regarding consumer payment journey and friction in the payment flow globally.
- Drive resolution and communicate to regional partners as well as publishing.
- Communication of regional VoC and partner requirements into Global Payments organisation to aid the development of any payment strategy and the formation of the payments roadmap.
- communications related to the deployment of new functionalities.
- Represent regional payment operations in regular partner forums.
- Write reports and presentations to guide operational decisions periodically and on the fly.
What we are looking for:
- A highly analytical and numerate individual
- Strong understanding of CNP payment ecosystem
- Understanding of friction points in the checkout journey
- Prior experience in e-commerce
- Prior experience of driving efficiencies in an operational business environment
- Strong customer focus
- Strong Partner Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to successfully build relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to interact expertly with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever changing and dynamic environment.
- Experience in UAT and Production testing including documenting
- Strong understanding of card schemes and regulation
- Experience bridging physical and digital retail channels
- Experience of working with 3rd Party QA Vendors
- Experience and/or interest in the video game industry
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.