PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About the Advanced Technology Group
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is one of the central technology teams in PlayStation Studios, the game development division of SIE, which is responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises.
In addition to its original role supporting the PlayStation Studios game teams, the group collaborates with engineering teams worldwide to deliver key platform components. Among these projects, ATG has responsibility for a large part of the GPU software stack used by all PlayStation games.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be working on the rendering API that is used for all GPU programming on PlayStation 5.
- Your tasks will include designing and developing new API features that allow us to get the most out of the PlayStation 5 hardware, communicating and advocating these to developers, as well as providing expertise to other system software engineers and support teams that have GPU needs.
- You will be learning a great deal about the low-level operation of the PlayStation 5 hardware and software and then using this knowledge to provide high-quality and high-performance solutions.
- As a key member of the graphics team, you will be regularly interacting with game developers who work on PlayStation 5, allowing you to understand how to provide them with the greatest value.
This is a unique and senior position at the core of PlayStation GPU technology. Your colleagues in ATG will include the engineers developing the rendering and ray tracing libraries, GPU tools, shader compiler, and contributors to the architecture of multiple generations of PlayStation consoles. The role also involves close collaboration with other key hardware and software stakeholders so we can provide game developers with the means to push the boundaries of our platforms.
What we are looking for
- Experience writing rendering code on top of multiple existing rendering APIs.
- Experience writing rendering code on console.
- An interest in GPU technology and low-level programming.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.