PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Software Engineer – Customer and Content Engineering
The Content and Customer Services Engineering goal is to consistently deliver technology solutions that help make PlayStation the best place to work and the best place to publish games and digital content. We have twenty-seven engineering teams distributed across our London, Liverpool, San Mateo, and Los Angeles engineering centres, who are building and supporting the platforms that game developers are using to build and market their next generation of games.
At PlayStation our engineers are driven by the desire to ensure that PlayStation remains the best place to play and the best place to work. This drive is fuelled by our core values and behaviours. We know our growth is dependent on increasing the value we deliver to customers. We focus our energy on improvements that will make a real difference to SIE and the customer.
You'll be part of the global Customer and Content Engineering team working on building applications and services that support PlayStation partners in bringing game concepts from idea to life both physically and digitally on the PlayStation Network.
You'll be able to work within a highly skilled team of engineers working as part of an agile delivery team, alongside a number of regional and global teams spread across London, Liverpool and Los Angeles, and will be responsible for technical implementation of the applications or systems your team will be delivering.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for adoption of appropriate technologies, current best practices, and latest tools, and for promoting the use of standard methodologies within and across teams
- Work collaboratively with other technical teams towards sharing best practices and ensuring consistency in technologies, approaches and tools adoption and the creation of common components where applicable
- Work collaboratively with other software and test engineers working closely together to develop high quality software applications
Constantly look for ways to improve the quality of the delivered solution through static code analysis, unit and system test automation, and regression test automation to name a few.
- Work with product owners, product managers and architects to design optimal solutions, often trading-off technical and operational considerations
- Help define the innovation, technical debt backlog and working with Product Owners, technical lead to prioritise them
- Review design and code written by other team members
- Guide and mentor junior technical team members
- Work with remote teams across Europe, USA and Japan and will require travel on occasion to attend meetings and workshops across locations
What we’re looking for:
- Exhibit our core behaviours: Always Learning, Outcome Focused, Accountable, Adaptable and Respectful
- Passionate about writing good quality, well designed code
- Creating and maintaining RESTful APIs/microservices
- Team player, looking to collaborate, share and learn from others on the team. You thrive in a high performing team environment
- Unit and Automation testing (eg: Jest, Webdriver.io, Junit, EasyMock)
- Happy working with remote teams across geographies and are comfortable collaborating with others over various communication channels
Additional experience that will help you stand out:
- Working with AWS (Serverless, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudformation)
- CI/CD Stack, we use Jenkins
- Frontend development with React, modern CSS frameworks, component libraries
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.