PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior IT Support Administrator (Mac experience)
The IT Support team fills a key role within the IT Service & Support function and reports into the Manager, IT Support. The objective is to ensure Tier 2 support is delivered effectively and efficiently within a culture of continual service improvement, aligned to the direction set by SIE IT.
The role principally focusses on the provision of technical support of systems and services to the internal user base and other SIEE IT customers. The Senior IT Support Admin will work in a team of 8 (across 8 locations) who have shared responsibility for maintaining working standards, robust processes and central queue management, including ticket resolution within SLA/OLA.
The team is responsible for request fulfilment and incident management of systems and services beyond the remit of the Global IT Service Desk, with some involvement in the progression of other functions including service readiness. Together with other members of Service & Support the role will share responsibility for maintenance/progression of knowledge repositories and out-of-hours/over-flow support when required.
Core team objectives include:
- delivery of Tier 2IT support to the internal SIEE business
- coordination of support resources, promoting knowledge share and upskilling, to achieve a trusted and respected centre of excellence
- proactive alignment with technical direction provided by Operational / Technical / Project teams
- coordination of Service Transition activitiesto ensure projects move seamlessly into the support environment
- maintained focus on continual service improvement
- asset management - control and full auditability
The Senior IT Support Administrator will be principally based in London. Onsite support of other named European sites on request will form part of ongoing responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Progression of Service Requests in accordance with policy and with a focus on customer service
- Out-of-hours support for business critical issues, as required
- IT asset management including stock control and ordering processes
- Travel to other SIEE sites as required
- Proactive incident resolution within SLA, working closely with 3rd line resolver groups
- Project support as required
- Operational readiness activities for projects and new services transitioning to BAU support
- Utilisation of escalation procedures for incident management focussing on timely resolution
- Security awareness in line with Global Information Security Policy and Global Information Security Standards
- Active participation in weekly team meetings and commitment to the global IT organisation
- Workload and ticket/queue management
- Shared responsibility for the maintenance of knowledge articles
What we’re looking for:
- Proven Tier 1&2 support experience within an enterprise environment
- Experienced and highly knowledgabe in Mac/MacOS support within corporate environments
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite for Windows and MacOS
- Microsoft Outlook, Exchange and O365
- Ivanti (LANDesk), Apple MDM (JAMF Pro experience ideal)
- Intermediate networking skills (TCP/IP, basic understanding of network topology (including wireless, switches, routers etc).
- Firm grasp of ‘Group Policy’ concepts e.g. order of processing, enforcing, restriction identification
- Basic knowledge of Windows Command Line/PowerShell
- Knowledge of shell scripting/Bash
- Exceptional customer service and support focus
- Proven commitment to troubleshooting, diagnostics and root cause analysis
- Ability to foster and maintain cooperation and communication across the SIE business at all levels and across all functions
- Understanding of Project Management, Agile methodologies, PMO functions and Service Transition
- Microsoft certifications such as Win10 MCP, MCITP, MCTS
- Apple certifications for MacOS such as ACSP, ACTC
- JAMF 100/200
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.