Senior/Staff Data Scientist (Strategic Insights)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Execute advanced analytics and statistical modelling projects related to platform engagement, customer segmentation and buying behaviour analysis, customer retention analysis, e-commerce store management and performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilize linear/logistic regression, as well as decision trees, propensity score matching, and clustering to study customer behaviour
- Independently extract and integrate data from multiple data systems (including writing complex SQL queries) to support analytical efforts.
- Develop understanding of a la carte and subscription-based business models.
- Provide detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
- Provide thought-leadership in on-going financial measurement and analysis of SIE’s services. Identify new ideas and opportunities for analytic projects
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and relevant gaming titles
- 5+ years of advanced SQL programming skills required
- 5+ years of experience using statistical packages (R or Python) for model development
- Business model development and forecasting abilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a business intelligence role, marketing analysis, business and/or financial management tasks for commercial organisations, preferably within the e-commerce space
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Applied Maths, Economics, Statistics, or Engineering preferred. BA/BS Degree (Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science) is a minimum requirement
- In-depth understanding and experience using supervised and non-supervised learning techniques such as linear/logistic regression, clustering, decision trees, association analysis. Well versed in model validation techniques such as cross validation, bootstrapping, and out-of-sample testing
- Experience with standard BI Tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to prepare all documents, presentations, tables, briefings, and worksheets. Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the PlayStation Network
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.