PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Working within the Creative Operations team of PlayStation’s Creative Arts department, the Senior Motion Design Producer will support our Motion Graphics Department in delivering multiple game development and marketing projects from brief through to completion.
Reporting to the Manager of Production with heavy day to day liaison with the Manager of CG and Motion Graphics, the Senior Motion Design Producer will work closely with Producers, Traffic Manager and all other Heads of disciplines managing timely delivery of projects, ensuring budgets are scoped and updated and that all Creative Arts processes are adhered to.
The ideal candidate for this role will have several years’ experience in Motion Graphic Production, experience leading a team and an interest relevant trends in the Motion Graphic Design industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the production of creative projects, ensuring we deliver quality assets to brief, on time and within budget.
- Creation of project SOW, full schedule and budget in conjunction with Discipline Leads, Traffic Manager and/or others
- Ownership of project budget, communicating and resolving potential overspend
- Ensure Motion Production team are adhering to Creative Arts Processes
- High level view of all Motion Graphic projects and ability to be POC to Manager of Production
- Facilitating budget forecasting processes within Motion Graphic Production Team
- Briefing of contributors, as appropriate
- Clear and timely communication with clients whilst maintaining relationships
- Working closely with the Traffic Manager to ensure that all resources are utilized efficiently, and all projects have required allocation
- Ensure projects are in compliant with HR and L&BA guidelines
- Ensure final deliverables are approved by Manager of CG and Motion Graphic, QA’d and technically compliant
- Understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Ability to facilitate regular and clear project progress updates and manage daily scrums
- Reconciling and billing all costs as per client requirements and internal standards
- Ensuring delivered projects are completed according to Creative Arts procedure
What we are looking for:
- Excellent organisational skills, detail orientated, systematic and accurate
- Proactive, uses initiative and is solution-driven
- Strong communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working at pace, flexible and adaptable to change
- Discreet – Confidentiality is hugely important to our clients
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a producer working within creative team/agency
- Well versed in Motion Design, Graphic Design and Video
- Experienced in leading a happy and successful team
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Interest in video games and/or design industry
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.