PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a DevOps engineer with a specialization in SAP CCv2 to support our continued expansion of PlayStation Direct. In this role, you will be a member of a global team providing operational support, ensuring the application stack is highly available, resilient, secure, and scalable. This role directly interfaces with key business stakeholders to plan and drive various sales and promotions for our valued customers who wish to buy directly through PlayStation Direct.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead design, development, deployment and support of SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris) including customization, extension and implementation of services that integrate with Commerce Cloud.
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology.
- Be effective in solution and system architecture, driving end to end solutions for complex technical problems.
- Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Conduct storefront operations with cross-functional team members conducting pre-order, sales, and other eCommerce events.
- Provide rotational on-call support where you’ll respond, investigate, and resolve production incidents.
- Conduct, document, and present root cause analysis documents to share insights with the broader organization.
- Identify areas for process automation and develop automated scripts and tools for regular operational activities.
- Review platform architecture to influence resiliency and high availability for our services.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- A minimum of five years of SAP Hybris related experience leading and delivering full life cycle implementations.
- Experience integrating Hybris with other applications such as Content management, payment gateway, tax using APIs.
- 7+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, Servlet containers, JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies.
- 4+ years of experience with different data storage technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.
- Proficient in Agile software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.