PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Software Systems Support Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and triage complex production software/application/service issues and misuse.
- Identify and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues; lead, facilitate or participate in resolution.
- Understand to a granular level and take responsibility for operational workflows and standard operating procedures.
- Create/maintain comprehensive support and process documentation.
- Fulfil business support service requests (troubleshooting, log reviews, etc.).
- Systems, applications, and performance monitoring at an advanced level
- Utility and tools development to improve support processes/procedures and automation.
- Provide operational support for special projects; actively participate in or own POE projects
- Provide periodic on-call support (rota based)
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of large scale systems administration and/or software development experience.
- Customer service mentality - calm, customer-oriented communication.
- Programming experience in Java or C++ and/or strong scripting skills (Ruby, Bash, or Python).
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems and applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience using source control, bug tracking, and ticketing systems in a multi-team environment.
- Experience supporting web applications in Java, Tomcat and LAMP stacks.
- Experience with application monitoring tools, such as Datadog, Splunk, BigPanda at an enterprise level
- Experience with monitoring service for cloud-scale applications, such as DataDog, CloudWatch.
- Experience in 24×7 production operations and participate in a periodic on-call rotation.
- Experience in establishing processes and measurement of those processes.
- Experience in building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Experience with SQL, especially Oracle, MySQL, or Big Data experience
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly troubleshoot complex problems, understanding dependencies and deducing the root issue.
- Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues then conduct root cause analysis.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.