PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek an enthusiastic Software Engineer to work within the Partner Platform which is part of Content and Customer Services Engineering. The Partner Platform applications are utilized worldwide by content producers to interact and supply their content onto the PlayStation platform, including games, movies, music and more.
You will be joining one of our Liverpool based Engineering Teams as a full stack Software Engineer. You will work alongside other teams based in multiple geographic regions and time zones, using a diverse technology stack within a cloud (AWS) environment.
We have an ongoing commitment to nurture and develop your talent. You will have access to comprehensive training materials, including a focused training period when you start with us and following that you will have protected time each month to further your learning.
What you'll be doing:
- Working in an Agile engineering team building best in class enterprise applications that are critical to the core of PlayStation’s business.
- Take ownership of and support the applications that your team deliver
- Put Quality first and constantly look for ways to improve it
- Help to further the team’s DevOps initiatives
What we're looking for:
- Passionate about writing good quality, well designed code
- Thrive in a high performing team environment, looking to share with and learn from other members of the team
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
- Be methodical, analytical and have a streak of creativity that you bring to everything you do
Have professional experience in some of the following or similar tools and technologies:
- Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Building/Querying API’s (e.g. GraphQL)
- Server-side Languages (e.g. Java, Python, Go)
- Application frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Database Technologies (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- CI/CD – (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Git, Jira and Confluence
Any exposure to the following would be advantageous:
- Styling experience (Styled Components, JSS, CSS Modules, etc.)
- AWS Services (SNS, SQS, Lambda)
- Event-driven applications (Kafka, Solace)
- Microservices and Micro Frontends
- DevOps Experience
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.