PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE’s Global Developer Technology Group (GDTG) are seeking a talented, dynamic, and highly motivated Graduate to join the Systems and Graphics support team in the London Office. This role would suit a forward-thinking candidate looking for their first industry experience.
GDTG is regarded as a global leader in providing deep technical support to game developers, and you will be part of a world-class team stretching the limits of what is possible on PlayStation platforms, including PS5.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will learn how to help game developers push the performance of their PS5 games to the limit, primarily in graphics. You will gain knowledge and experience to provide advice on the effective implementation of cutting-edge techniques and optimisations specific for our hardware.
You will communicate with game teams online, and when it becomes possible again face-to-face, have the opportunity for on-site visits to developers across Europe. You will be in direct contact with the engine programmers from some of the biggest and best game studios in the industry, as well as with teams making their first console title.
The team works closely with various groups across the worldwide PlayStation family, helping to define the direction taken now and in the future. As part of your role, you will be involved in the analysis and communication of technical information to various groups within PlayStation, and helping to prioritise our future roadmaps based on the deep understanding you will gain of the developers we support.
In addition to the primary technical support tasks, you will have time to investigate efficient techniques; experiment with new concepts, write tutorials and whitepapers and create and deliver presentations at both public and internal conferences.
We offer flexible working hours and we spilt our time between office work and working from home. We don’t have crunch like some game teams and aim to give staff a good work/life balance.
What we are looking for:
- Strong C/C++ skills and structured programming techniques
- Graphics experience, including understanding of GPU hardware, and how it relates to optimisation
- Strong 3D maths
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Fluent in English
The following skills/qualifications are highly advantageous
- Game engine development experience
- Use of both CPU and GPU performance analysis tools
- Knowledge of modern graphics techniques such as Ray Tracing and TAA
- Knowledge of algorithmic, data oriented and platform specific optimisations
- Experience with other game engine systems, such as audio, memory management and FileIO
- Good Computer Science or equivalent Degree
- Assembly language / low level programming and debugging experience
- Experience of multi-threaded programming
- Experience of PlayStation platforms
- Public speaking experience
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.