PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As part of PlayStation Studios, the Quality Engineering group act as the strategic partner to AAA studios and specialise in generating productivity improvements across the software development life cycle with innovative, customers centric services, tools, and processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Syncing and creating game builds and environments
- Minimizing turnaround time for automated tests
- Ensuring good builds get to QA staff and partners quickly and reliably
- Assisting with reporting on game build health
- Ensuring our publisher QA environment can replicate dev QAs where appropriate
- Mentoring team members on good build and dev practices
- Assisting with testing and preservation of game projects
What we are looking for:
Required Skills and capabilities:
- 3+ years working in a Build Engineering role
- Ability to identify and address hardware and software bottlenecks impacting build pipelines
- Jenkins and Perforce experience
- Experience with distributed build formats
- Experience with python, C#, Java, PowerShell, Groovy
- AAA games development experience
- Multiplatform experience
- Experience working in agile project environment
- Highly motivated, autonomous, and proactive
- Ability to effectively articulate complex ideas and concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical experience and seniority within the organisation
- Unreal Engine experience
- Git / bitbucket experience
- Virtualisation experience + knowledge of DevOps management solutions and environments
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Broad interest in the games industry
- Knowledge of testing and test automation
- Web app development experience; database management, data serialization / deserialization
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.