Computer Vision Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the PlayStation family, as the Advanced Technology Group (ATG) is looking for a passionate engineer to join the team. ATG, part of Worldwide Studios, is a versatile group which works globally with platform hardware, software and game teams. There is a strong focus on GPU technology and tools but this expands to many other areas including VR, audio, animation and facial performance capture.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our team and help raise our VR tracking and facial performance capture technology to a new level.
The following skills are essential:
- Extensive C/C++ and Python knowledge
- Experience with computer vision and camera based tracking
- Excellent machine learning skills
- Understanding of 3D geometry
- Experience with graphics and/or game engines
- Understanding of low-level machine architecture
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- On Site Gym, Subsidised Café, On site bar (London only)
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.