PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO)
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
The store team is responsible for managing the different digital store fronts – maximizing content (game and service) sales and delivering a best-in-class customer experience. This is a pivotal role responsible for driving forward the CRO Optimisation team and strategy within CRO, creating a class-leading store experience using data and insight to inform decision making and to help prioritize and manage delivery of key commercial priorities. This role will ensure the team is data driven and pro-actively search for improvement opportunities within the Games and Services categories.
As the leader of this team, this individual will drive the transformation from traditional merchandising approaches to one based on data and insight. This individual will need to bring best practice methods for extrapolating and interpreting this data to make better informed decisions on future strategies. The role will oversee a team of 16 across three different regions so they will need to think and operate globally. This Director will also be responsible for working with senior stakeholders across Digital Game Sales and Services.
What you'll be doing:
Working as a key member of the CRO Leadership team you’ll be responsible for leading a team of 16+ global optimisation specialists for the games and services category working very closely with senior stakeholders from these areas of the business (almost dotted line into games and services teams)
- Optimise defined areas of the digital content to deliver against commercial performance and achieve channel KPI targets; above all game and services conversion
- Inspire, motivate and develop the global optimisation team to achieve outstanding performance
- Evangelise a deeper, more data-driven approach with senior executives and key partners
- Working with the key stakeholders to optimise promotional schedule for defined key markets, addressing budget risks and opportunities
- Find innovative ways to group content together based on customers needs to encourage repeat visits to store and content discovery
- Use audience targeting to get the right content in front of the right consumers
- Continue to find new optimal ways of working and ensure everyone is working to the same global single market model
- Work with Marketing and Creative services team to align on plans and share results
- Ensuring that roadmaps and plans are documented and shared with planning teams so resources are available to deliver against key priorities
- Share results on key title performance with Digital Game Sales and Services teams
- Working with channel lead to ensure content is optmised within the existing content strategy and all changes are communicated to stakeholders from around the business
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or relative qualification standard)
- 8+ years’ experience in a commercially focused retail / ecommerce optimisation role - either games or subscription services
- Demonstrable experience of leading CRO best practice where data, analytics and conversion funnels are at the forefront of the business
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels. Above all, able to show capability of building a team of superstars who consistently smash their goals
- Experience working in a large company, managing a team and global stakeholders in matrix organisation
- Deep understanding of PlayStation Store and Services and passion and knowledge of the gaming industry
- Experience using Adobe Analytics or similar web analytics tools and knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing
The individual needs to be extremely commercially minded and focused on outcomes and revenue. The PlayStation Store is a significant revenue generator for the group and so ROI is key.
- Creative and energetic team player who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Experienced, creative, open minded leader who is adaptive to change and can communicate strategic direction with passion and clarity
- Analytical and data focused with an ability to interpret large amounts of data with consistent track record of using data to influence and inform decision
- Proven track record to draw on many sources of insight and react quickly to new information, opinions and direction
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across different regions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making.
- Influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High levels of personal motivation
- Can work in unison and effectively collaborate with other business heads and peers in a complex, matrix based organisation
- Experience in a pressurized environment, setting and achieving tight timelines that must be delivered on time and on budget
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.