PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a Localisation Tester, you will be making sure the audio and text in a video game are correct. You will need to have native level knowledge for the required language (grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and good attention to detail to find and provide corrections for errors. Occasionally, you will translate text for a video game or marketing.
Do you have a passion for languages and games? Do you enjoy finding linguistic mistakes in video games? Would you like to be part of an international team whose work has impact on players around the world? Then we would love to hear from you!
If successful, you will be invited to complete a mandatory translation test which will be sent via e-mail and must be completed within 1 hour of receiving it.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, working 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. The position is based in Liverpool.
SIEE partners with Yoh Solutions, who are a global staffing provider. If your application is successful, you will be employed by Yoh Solutions who will be your point of contact for any paperwork and payroll matters.
What you'll be doing:
- Test software to ensure all localised assets are correct from linguistic, consistency and display points of view.
Localised assets review:
- Proof-read and correct translations before they are implemented into the games, ensuring that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained.
- Occasionally provide translations for games, the packaging text for console and peripherals.
- Assist other teams with general testing duties when required
- Assist with project and process related tasks
What we're looking for:
- Fluency in Latin American, Spanish and English
- Passionate games player
- Good knowledge of computer games across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office package
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraint
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.