PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The PlayStation Store & Services (PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now,..) businesses have continued to deliver substantial growth and represents a significant proportion of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s overall revenues as well as approximately 15% of Sony’s revenues. It is also evolving rapidly towards new business models alongside dynamic changes in the Games industry, including the US launch of PlayStation Direct in September 2019. As a part of this evolution, we are looking to build on the successful launch of new direct-to-consumer business in the US with the launch in Europe. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in working together at the forefront of online retail experiences aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community.
Reporting to the Vice President, PlayStation Direct based in San Francisco, this role will be responsible for the European sales strategy and delivering the sales targets of the direct to consumer hardware business in Europe. Working collaboratively with PlayStation Direct (‘PSD’) leaders, the role will form part of the executive leadership team to drive PlayStation’s direct to consumer business forward. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have a strong attention to detail and have an analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for delivering the PlayStation Direct European targets: The role will:
- lead the sales planning process – including commercial offer and promotional strategy / tactics.
- agree and deliver fiscal targets.
- track & report on key business metrics and commercial objectives.
- deliver the appropriate consumer experience balancing cost and service by partnering with other critical, supporting functions to ensure internal company-wide alignment with the European Business (hardware sales organisation). Oversee logistics, delivery payment optimization, and KPI measurement and reporting.
- Key contributor within global PSD Leader team. The role is part of the leadership team that set out the strategy for the organisation, including supporting organisational change; developing and modelling culture and values (from SIE); providing context for US retail particularly games category.
- Responsible for European team development. The role is responsible for establishing and shaping of the new European organisation to deliver the revenue and profit targets across the globe. Recruiting and developing the people within the PSD European team. Challenging the way things are done. Establishing a great workplace.
- Responsible for European Consumer Experience in. In collaboration with local sales and marketing teams, define a compelling consumer experience. Optimizing the store for consumer and marketing needs. Work closely with product teams to ensure business requirements inform future platform development. Defining service levels for the end to end consumer journey.
- Contribute to PSD Commercial Strategic Planning. The role will contribute to the vision for PlayStation Direct supporting the 3-year business plan (outlook) and e-commerce roadmap reflecting local market requirements, including the expansion of PlayStation Direct’s capabilities and geographies, in collaboration with the business leads from Global Sales and Operations.
What we are looking for:
- A highly commercial and numerate individual
- 10 years proven experience in web/E-Commerce / D2C operations in European market(s)
- 5+ years of leading and growing a successful E-Commerce DTC business with experience in both strategy development and operational execution
- Understanding of sales planning aligned to consumer life cycle management
- Experience commercializing a high consideration product or service
- Demonstrated P&L accountability
- Knowledgeable about technology, web development
- Strong knowledge of working in fast growing commercial environment
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with key global stakeholders
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and a drive for results
- As the role is part of a global management team, international travel may be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.