PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica,CA and the city center of Kiev, Ukraine, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Are you ready to help build products that impact how millions of our players connect, explore, and interact with our top-grossing games? PlayQ’s team is led by the world’s top engineering talent to build the most clever and diverse products for our global audience. We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, architect, and implement web services, our portal, tools, and more.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading web projects for our high-quality games and analytical solutions. Your daily workload will range from designing highly efficient architecture to deployment, performance, and optimization improvements. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with high load and availability projects and innovative entertainment solutions.
You’d be a great match for this position if you’re versatile, exercise accountability in your role and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in an ever-changing industry.
- Support and improve our current product based on our modern tech stack.
- Prototype, implement and maintain new core features as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Participate in weekly meetings, planning, and product delivery support.
- Improve and provide best practices including code review and test automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems from an accredited college/university.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of best practices for creating a scalable and high-performance applications architecture.
- Expert knowledge of modern web technologies, frameworks, and libraries (HTML, CSS, AngularJS/Angular2, ReactJS, Git, SCSS/LESS, etc.).
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful services on a massive scale.
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Experience in the mobile games industry working with highly loaded systems
- Experience creating single-page applications
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!