PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to spearhead analyses and provide meaningful insights into player behavior and engagement. The Data Analyst will leverage billions of data points from our games to build dashboards, answer key business questions, and tell compelling stories. This person will conduct in-depth analyses of our data, report on key game metrics, and provide recommendations that will have a direct impact in shaping future game development and company initiatives. The ideal candidate is intelligent,sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual who loves working with and analyzing data.
- Create thoughtful and compelling dashboards to monitor KPIs and performance for our current and future game titles
- Perform in-depth analyses to provide answers to specific business questions and acquire a deep understanding of user behavior
- Report and present findings and actionable recommendations to respective teams and key stakeholders
- Monitor, identify and investigate changes in KPIs and provide insights into the underlying cause of such changes
- Conduct a variety of ad hoc data analyses and fulfill data requests for new product/version releases, design documentation, marketing material, and user acquisition campaigns
- Design and document tracking specifications for core KPIs, feature additions, experimentation, and user acquisition campaigns
- Check and debug any data-related issues to ensure accurate tracking and data integrity
- Assist with the development of new tools and processes for data analysis across the company
- BA/BS degree in Math, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- 2-3 years of post-graduate experience as a data analyst or similar analytical role, preferably for a technology or gaming company
- Expertise with Excel
- Experienced with Tableau, Spotfire, STATA, SAS, or similar analytics software
- Experienced with SQL and querying large, complex data sets
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Loves problem-solving, has an innate ability to investigate issues and find the optimal solutions
- Desire to work independently on analyses and projects from inception to completion
- Working knowledge of basic statistics
- Working knowledge of R, Python, or similar
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!