PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
The User Acquisition Manager will have the opportunity to manage multi-million dollar marketing budgets across the world's top mobile advertising networks, and will work closely with internal cross-functional teams, including Creative Services, Product, Data, and Design. Key facets of the role include developing a deep understanding of our products and insights into the underlying technology and algorithms behind each of our partner ad networks. You would be a perfect match for this position if you enjoy and excel at analyzing data, learning, ideating, and executing as these are core elements that lead to the effective design of marketing experiments and optimization of campaigns and ad creatives. The ideal candidate is both personable, analytical, responsible, and detail-oriented, with the ability to juggle concurrent projects relating to the management of large-scale advertising campaigns.
- Responsibility over the investment, analysis, and optimization of millions of dollars in marketing spend each year
- Work with best-in-industry data and user acquisition tools; providing more time to focus on the things that matter
- Work directly with cross-functional teams and have a voice in user acquisition, creative, data, and product direction
- Have a voice in helping to shape the strategy, tools development, and processes within the UA team
- Create and manage mobile performance marketing campaigns across multiple ad networks and storefronts (e.g. iOS, Google Play, Amazon)
- Monitor, optimize and report performance on campaigns across active ad networks on an ongoing basis
- Serve as the main point of contact for multiple ad network and third party relationships
- Develop test plans and experiment with new user acquisition initiatives, then analyze performance to identify the highest impact opportunities
- Develop new insights and process improvements for internal user acquisition management, analysis, and reporting
- Research and evaluate new user acquisition channels
- Actively monitor the latest products and features from partner ad networks
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team on creative development
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in mobile or web user acquisition, performance marketing, or media buying
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell and negotiate
- Ability to project plan and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Advanced Excel skills for analyzing, presenting, and modeling
- Experience using Tableau, Spotfire, or similar analytics/visualization software is a plus
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!